Records, Computer Gutted in Fire at Laila Panchayat Office
Beltangady: A sudden fire broke out in the Laila panchayat office in Beltangady taluk on Wednesday morning.
Immediate residents observed smoke emanating from the premises early in the morning around six. Panchayat president, officials and fire brigade were informed at once.
By the time the fire was doused, it had already caused enough damage and charred a computer and the records.
Although there are suspicions about the incident, the CCTV clippings showed no foul play. The MESCOM personnel did not want to say anything unless a full inquiry was held.
A case has been registered in Beltangady police station.