Udupi: Retired teacher from Hiriyadka and vice president of district unit of retired governments’ association Krishnabai has pledge to donate her eyes to the needy and body as cadaver for medical research.
She announced the decision in the presence of association’s office-bearers and other members.
She further said that she got inspired with a feeling that the donation of body would be highly beneficial to the students. She received full backing from her daughter and close relatives for her decision.
She added that she had already signed a memorandum of understanding with the Kasturba Medical College in Manipal pledging the cadaver for medical research and her eyes to the Manipal Eye Bank.
Association president M Narayana Bhat chaired the meeting. Secretary S S Tonse, joint secretary Pandu M Shetty, committee members B Ravinath Shetty, K Pushpa, Peter Raphael and others were present.
May they inspire everyBODY!
- Bantwal: Dejected Man Ends Life – Body Donated for Research as Wished
- Mangaluru: Family Donates Vital Organs of Brain Dead Jeevan Fernandes
- Sullia: Noted Academic Dr Prabhakara Shishila Pledges Donation of Body for Research
- Puttur: Bhat Couple from Polya Decides to Donate Bodies for Medical Research
- Moodbidri: Exemplary Act – Agriculturist Donates Body for Medical Research
- Karkala: Noble Deed Indeed – Xavier D’Mello of Belman Offers Himself as Cadaver