New Delhi, Dec 29 (IANS) After wearing make-up for outings and parties, your skin tends to lose its shine. Try a cream-based moisturising facewash, and a day after the party spend some time reviving your skin by exfoliating it with a mild scrub to get back the natural glow, says an expert.
Manoj Khanna, chairman and managing director, head of cosmetic surgeon at city-based Enhance Clinics, has shared tips to make your skin glow:
* Get an extra dose of moisture: Make-up removers and harsh facewashes can destroy skin’s natural moisture. Post the party season, switch to a cream-based moisturising facewash. Let it stay on for a few seconds so it permeates deeper into the skin, before washing it off. End your day with a thick night cream and be sure to greet the next morning with a fresh face.
* Opt for an instant eye cooler: Cucumber slices work the best. They cool, have a lightening effect and help counter puffiness. If not cucumbers, try the next best remedy — green tea bags. Once they come to room temperature, squeeze out the excess water and keep them on your eyes for 20 minutes to find respite from stubborn dark circles.
* Don’t forget to scrub: A day after the party, spend some time reviving your skin by first opening the clogged pores with a steam session and then exfoliating it with a mild scrub. The steam will open up the pores and the abrasive action of the scrub will force all the grime, make-up residue and impurities out.
* Follow up with a moisturising face pack: Treat yourself to a nourishing do-it-yourself face packs. Papaya and honey together are a winning combination to hydrate the skin and combat dryness or grind soaked almonds with milk and use it as a paste to make the skin look and feel smooth. Milk is rich in antioxidants, vitamin B and essential minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium and selenium whereas almonds are full of proteins, antioxidants and vitamin E.
* Declare a no make-up day: After a few days of partying and wearing heavy make-up, make sure the next few days keep cosmetics at bay. This will allow your skin to breathe and get its original glow back, naturally.