Ammonia Gas Leak from Fish Storage plant in Bagwadi, 20 Hospitalized
Udupi: Around 20 workers were hospitalized after ammonia gas leakage was reported at a fish storage factory at Bagwadi near Hemmady in Kundapur Taluk on Monday, August 12.
According to sources the incident took place at the Malpe Marine Fish storage in Bagwadi near Hemmady. The Ammonia gas leaked from the unit, where the women employees were working. Around 20 women complained of giddiness, vomiting and chest pain. They were rushed to the Adarsh Hospital in Kundapur where they are undergoing treatment.
Two fire tenders rushed to the spot and brought the situation under control stopping the gas leakage.
Kandluru Police Station PSI Sridhar Nayak and team visited the spot.
Udupi Deputy Commissioner Hephsiba Rani Korlapati and Superintendent of Police Nisha James visited the seafood processing plant and later the hospital. The DC also ordered officials to submit a report on incident.