Another Feather To His Cap! Marathon Runner Rakshith Shetty Attains 19th Guinness Record
Another Feather To His Cap! Marathon Runner Rakshith Shetty Attains 19th Guinness Book of World Records taking part in Half-Marathon Category organized by Shriram Properties Bengaluru Marathon 2019/Bengaluru Marathon 2019, running in the attire of a Barrister. With this achievement Rakshith has broken the previous UK record of 1 Hr 48 Mins 01 Seconds. And this also matches Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar’s record of 19 Guinness Book of World Records.
Mangaluru : Looks like for this 35-old-man there is no stop in attaining Guinness World Records one after the other. Rakshith Shetty of Moodabidri/Mangaluru has been “Keep on going and going and going” in marathon and has been entering and entering and entering himself in the Guinness Book of World Records. Now he has achieved his 19 th Guinness World Records running in the ” Bangalore Shiram Properties Marathon (October) 2019″- Dressed in Barrister costume, thereby breaking the UK record of 1 Hr 48 Mins and 01 Seconds.
Last year Rakshith’s 18th Guinness World Record was by running in the Mysuru Celebration Marathon as ‘Fastest Half Marathon Dressed as Telephone’ which He completed in 1 Hr 31 Mins and 33 Secs, thereby creating a new record, breaking the record set in UK- 1 hr 43 minutes, with his timing of 1.33.13; “Mysore Kaveri Trail Marathon (November) 2017)- Dressed in Monk costume, with timing of 1.34.54; and ” Bangalore APR Marathon (December) 2017″ -Broke yet another UK- Time-1 hr 29 minutes, by Rakshith’s timing of 1.28.08. Team Mangalorean who have been supporting Rakshith’s efforts in this sport is very proud to note that he has now 19 Guinness World Records to his credit, and also breaking quite a few UK records. Congrats buddy!
For people with a willingness to achieve, the world is full of opportunities. For that matter, Rakshith Shetty, who shows the world that to be an extraordinary achiever, all you need is a lot of passion and some out-of-the-box thinking. This man who lives by the principle of simple living and high thinking, down-to-earth, soft spoken Rakshith is now a proud holder of 19 Guinness World Records and guess what?- he’s the only one of his kind in India. His one message to the society is that “Even a common person can achieve great success by overcoming difficulties. It is possible to overcome the Impossible if you have a Will, Dedication, Hard Work and Commitment”.
But sadly, even though Rakshith Shetty has bagged so many Guinness Records, now being the 19th one, he is very much hurt that no one from his community nor the government nor any organization has come forward to felicitate or help him financially in his sporting talents. “May be because I am simple and poor, that no one wants to come forward and help me. I am looking forward for support and encouragement from anyone to succeed in my running/Marathon career. ” he says. Earlier Rakshith who was employed at Alva’s Institution, Moodabidri, has now found a new job in Whitefield, Bengaluru as a Sports Event Coordinator.
Rakshith’s past 18 Guinness World Records Achieved details:
1. 10 kms dressed as animal costume – Bengaluru- Event, TCS WORLD 10K 2014 (April)
2. 10 kms dressed as vegetables costume-Mysore- Event, Mysore Marathon 2014 (Same race got 2nd place win) (September)
3. 21 kms (Half marathon) dressed as Love Heart- Bengaluru- Bengaluru Marathon (Shriram properties) 2015 (October)
4. 21 kms (Half marathon) dressed as Musical Instrument – Bengaluru- Bengaluru Midnight Marathon (SBI) 2015 (December)
5. 21 kms (Half marathon) dressed as Playing Card- Bangalore- Bangalore (Ajmera) Half Marathon 2015 (December)
6. 21 kms (Half marathon) dressed as tool (Measuring Tape) – Mysore- Royal Mysore Marathon 2015 (December)
7. 21 kms (Half marathon) dressed as Whoopee cushion- Bangalore- Bengaluru Nirbhaya Midnight Marathon 2016 (April)
8. 21 kms (Half marathon) dressed as Fast Food items- Bangalore- Bangalore (trort 008) Marathon 2016 (July)
9. 21 kms (Half Marathon category (Kaveri trail marathon (November) 2016) held in Mysuru.
10. 21 Kms (Half Marathon Category -APR Bengaluru Marathon Dec 2016 (wearing Salwar Kameez)
11. 21 Kms (Half Marathon Category -APR Bengaluru Marathon Dec 2016 (wearing Beach slippers)
12. 21 Kms Bangalore Midnight Half marathon (December) 2016,
13. Half marathon Category of Mangalore (Nitte) Marathon, which was held in February 2017-dressed as Boxer
14. Half marathon Mysore marathon (September 2017), wearing Scout Uniform
15. Half marathon in the Bangalore Shriram Properties Marathon (October) 2017, dressed in shoe costume.
16. Half marathon-Mysore Kaveri Trail Marathon (November) 2017- Dressed in Monk costume
17. Half marathon- Bangalore APR Marathon (December) 2017- Dressed in Plant costume
18. Half-Marathon -Bangalore Shriram Properties 2019, dressed as Telephone
Rakshith’s Normal Races Win details:
1. 10 kms-Bangalore 2014 -2nd place
2. 12.5 kms-Bangalore 2014-3rd place
3. 10 kms Mysore 2014- 2nd place
4. 5 kms Bangalore 2015-1st place
5. 21 kms Mysore marathon 2015-3rd place
6. 21 kms Mangalore (Big Balipu) 2016-1st place
7. 21 kms Bangalore 2016- 3rd place
8. 21 kms Mysore Marathon 2016-3rd place
9. Short race (Bunts event) Mangaluru 2016- 800 mtrs, 400 mtrs -2nd place Each
Team Mangalorean wishes Rakshith Shetty all success in his future endeavors- and we feel proud to celebrate the success of this hero through this column in Mangalorean.com, where we always encourage, budding to professional stars, either in the field of Sports, Art, Music, Entertainment, Academics. etc-looking forward for Rakshith to hit his 20th Guinness Record- Best of luck!
Also Read Related Articles:
- Adding More Feathers to his Cap? Rakshith Shetty bags 15,16 & 17th Guinness Record
- He Can’t Stop Running & Winning? Rakshith Shetty bags 14th Guinness Record
- 14 Times Guinness Record Holder Rakshith Shetty Wins 1st Place in 21K NITK Marathon
- Lucky No 13! Rakshith Shetty bags 13th Guiness World Record in Marathon