Basketball star James slams Trump’s travel ban executive order
Cleveland (Ohio), Feb 9 (IANS) Branding Donald Trump’s controversial travel ban as ‘divisive’, basketball star LeBron James has come down heavily on the US President’s latest executive order which has created a stir globally.
“Diversity is what makes this country so great. We should all continue to speak up and fight for ideas that bring people together regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, religious beliefs or any other differences,” James told The Hollywood Reporter.
James, who plies his trade for NBA side the Cleveland Cavaliers, was a vocal supporter of Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton throughout last year’s campaign, even introducing her at a rally here.
“I am not in favour of this policy or any policy that divides and excludes people. I stand with the many, many Americans who believe this does not represent what the United States is all about. And we should continue to speak out about it,” he said.
President Trump’s executive order bans entry into the US of travellers from seven predominantly Muslim countries — but it has been placed on hold by a federal court order.