Bengaluru: Cheated by chit fund owner, three sisters attempt suicide

Spread the love

Bengaluru (DHNS): Three sisters attempted suicide, after they were cheated by a person running a chit fund business, by consuming poison at Janapriya Layout off Tumakuru Road in Madanaya­ka­na­halli police limits on Wednesday.

According to the police, the victims have been identified as Mangala, Geetha and Rekha, all residents of Mariyappanapalya near Jnanabharathi.
Shivakumar, the proprietor of chit fund company, too tried to kill himself by consuming poison. All the four were rushed to nearby private hospital and are said to be out of danger.

According to the police, the sisters had invested in the chit fund company owned by Shivakumar.

On Wednesday morning, the trio went to Kumar’s house at ITI Layout to get their money back. But they soon learnt that Kumar was at his ‘other’ house at Janapriya Layout in Madanayakanahalli.

The sisters caught hold of Kumar there and asked him to return their money. Soon, an argument ensued between the sisters and Kumar. In a fit of rage, the sisters consumed poison.

Kumar followed suit. Passersby who noticed them writhing in pain, rushed the sisters to a private hospital in Kamakshipalya and Kumar to a hospital in Vijayanagar and informed the police.

A police officer said: “They (victims) are not willing to talk to the police. Around 30 people gathered near the hospital in Kamaskhipalya and claimed that they were also cheated by the proprietor of the chit fund company.

Student drowns in lake
A youth, who had just passed II PUC examination, drowned in Bagalur lake where he and his friends had gone swimming on Tuesday evening.

Avinash, 19, from Horamavu Agara, and his five friends went to the lake for a swim around 4.30 pm. Avinash got into the water while his friends started fishing. A few moments later, he began to drown. His friends saw him struggling in the water and crying for help.

Some local people tried to rescue him but in vain. They called the police who rushed to the spot along with fire and emergency service personnel. They looked for the body but called off the search operation due to bad light. The operation resumed on Wednesday and the body was fished out and sent for post-mortem, the police said.

Avinash was planning to pursue graduate studies. A case of unnatural death has been registered at the Bagalur police station.

Spread the love