Bengaluru: The case of sexual assault against Shri Raghaveshwara Bharati of Hosanagar Math filed by a former female vocalist of the Rama Katha troupe attained another twist with two more judges recusing themselves from it when it came up for hearing in the high court on Thursday, Jan 22.
After Justices Phaneendra, Veerappa and Kumar recused themselves at different stages in the recent days, on Wednesday Justices H G Ramesh and P B Bajanthri too announced their decision. This brings the total number of judges who have withdrawn from the case to five.
Justice Ramesh said that he was recusing because he had worked as an assistant under advocate B V Acharya during his legal practice days. He added that Justice Bajanthri too was withdrawing from the bench.
They have asked the registrar general of the high court to pass the files to the chief justice who they requested to constitute a fresh bench for hearing.
Trace the case:
- Bengaluru: Sexual Assault Charge against Raghaveshwara – Yet Another Judge Recuses Himself
- Bengaluru: Rape-accused Swamiji’s DNA Test Positive: Advocate General
- Bengaluru: Raghaveshwara Case – HC Orders Shastri Couple be Made Respondents
- Bengaluru: Sexual Assault Case – Swamiji Undergoes Medical Tests, Declines Three
- Bengaluru: Setback for Swamiji as High Court Okays Medical Test
- Bengaluru: Swamiji Granted Conditional Bail in Sexual Assault Case
- Bengaluru: Sexual Assault Case – Havyaka Forum Wants Swamiji to Voluntarily Undergo Tests
- Bengaluru: Swamiji Case: CID Questions RSS Leader Kalladka Prabhakar Bha
- Bengaluru: Two Arrested for Slandering Shastri Couple’s Daughter in Facebook
- Bengaluru: New Twist to Singer Vs Swamiji Case with Reported Entry of Underworld Don
- New Delhi: Sexual Assault Charges against Swamiji – Women’s Commission Steps in
- Puttur: Demand for a Comprehensive Probe into Kedila Shastri Suicide Case Snowballs
- Honnavar: Amid High Drama Police Notice Issued to Raghaveshwara Bharati Swamiji
- Honnavar: Alleged Blackmail Attempt on Math’s Artistes – Shastri Couple Gets Conditional Bail
- Puttur: CID Team Arrives in Town to Probe Kedila Shyam Prasad Shastri’s Suicide
- Puttur: Case of Shastri Suicide in Kedila also Likely to be Probed by CID
- Puttur: Kedila Residents Demand Thorough Probe into Shastri’s Alleged Suicide
- Puttur: Urimajalu Ram Bhat Appeals to Havyaka Community to Maintain Restraint
- Mangalore: Threat Calls Led Shastry to End Life, Says Wife in Complaint to Police
- Mangalore: Shyam Prasad Shastry from Kedila who Shot Himself Dies in Hospital