Bengaluru: Shri Raghaveshwara Bharati Swamiji of Shri Hosanagara Math, who faces charges of sexual assault on a former female vocalist of his Math, has filed a fresh appeal over the Constitutional validity of the medical examination ordered on him.
He has questioned the ruling of the single-judge bench which had rejected his earlier appeal. The revision appeal, which has named the state government, the CID and the Union government as respondents, is likely to be heard by a division bench soon.
The Swamiji had complained that he was being made to undergo medical examinations without assigning any reasons. Such a process violated his personal rights, his advocates had argued.
A single-judge bench, on Dec 3, had dismissed his appeal, against which the revision appeal in question has been filed.
On the other hand, an appeal from the Swamiji seeking cancellation of the sexual assault charges against him is still pending in the court. Following the recusal by five judges in a row, a new bench is yet to be constituted by the chief justice.
- Bengaluru: Number of Recusals Rises to 5 as Two More Judges Withdraw from Swamiji’s Case
- Bengaluru: Sexual Assault Charge against Raghaveshwara – Yet Another Judge Recuses Himself
- Bengaluru: Rape-accused Swamiji’s DNA Test Positive: Advocate General
- Bengaluru: Raghaveshwara Case – HC Orders Shastri Couple be Made Respondents
- Bengaluru: Sexual Assault Case – Swamiji Undergoes Medical Tests, Declines Three
- Bengaluru: Setback for Swamiji as High Court Okays Medical Test
- Bengaluru: Swamiji Granted Conditional Bail in Sexual Assault Case
- Bengaluru: Sexual Assault Case – Havyaka Forum Wants Swamiji to Voluntarily Undergo Tests
- Bengaluru: Swamiji Case: CID Questions RSS Leader Kalladka Prabhakar Bhat
- Bengaluru: Two Arrested for Slandering Shastri Couple’s Daughter in Facebook
- Bengaluru: New Twist to Singer Vs Swamiji Case with Reported Entry of Underworld Don
- New Delhi: Sexual Assault Charges against Swamiji – Women’s Commission Steps in
- Puttur: Demand for a Comprehensive Probe into Kedila Shastri Suicide Case Snowballs
- Honnavar: Amid High Drama Police Notice Issued to Raghaveshwara Bharati Swamiji
- Honnavar: Alleged Blackmail Attempt on Math’s Artistes – Shastri Couple Gets Conditional Bail
- Puttur: CID Team Arrives in Town to Probe Kedila Shyam Prasad Shastri’s Suicide
- Puttur: Case of Shastri Suicide in Kedila also Likely to be Probed by CID
- Puttur: Kedila Residents Demand Thorough Probe into Shastri’s Alleged Suicide
- Puttur: Urimajalu Ram Bhat Appeals to Havyaka Community to Maintain Restraint
- Mangalore: Threat Calls Led Shastry to End Life, Says Wife in Complaint to Police
- Mangalore: Shyam Prasad Shastry from Kedila who Shot Himself Dies in Hospital