New Delhi, May 11 (IANS) Pregnancy is a beautiful thing for mothers-to be but dressing up during and after the birth of a newborn becomes a little difficult. Try opting for simple outfits like a summer dress with bright floral prints or find the right kind of footwear to walk freely, says an expert.
Fashion stylist Anuradha Singh has shared a few amazing tips for all moms-to-be to look their best and enjoy their pregnancy.
* Slip them on: Summer dresses with bright floral prints, light pastel colours or earthy tones stand out this season. Look out for shift dresses, long maxis, mini and midi dresses and shirt dresses that are easy to get into and help you stay cool and comfortable.
* Walk easy: Putting on weight during the process of pregnancy is very common, so it is extremely important to find the right kind of footwear. With a wide range of lifestyle sneakers, platform shoes to espadrilles, young mothers have several options to choose from. All these can be paired up with dresses, jeans and shorts.
* Stuff it all: Too many items to stuff into your bag? Just sling around a bucket bag or shoulder on totes, and you’ll be ready for the day. We know what all goes into being that oh-so-rocking mommy. Bucket bags are trending this summer. They are big enough to fit all of your essentials and that make it perfect for any occasion.
* Styled tresses: Taking care of your hair during summer can be quite a task. Half bun, side braids, Chinese buns and high ponytails are a few styles that can help a mommy manage her tresses and look her fashionable best.
* Retain that glow: Pregnancy can often leave the skin sensitive and more vulnerable to the Sun and to various allergies. Use a good sunscreen to get rid of tan and shield your skin. A nude lipstick, mascara, eyeliner and a highlighter will brighten up your look.