Father and Daughter Die of Electrocution in Bantwal

296

Father and Daughter Die of Electrocution in Bantwal

Bantwal: In a tragic incident, a man and his daughter were electrocuted after getting in contact with a live electric wire at Barakinadi, Vamadapadav here on June 11.

The deceased have been identified as Gopalkrishna (63) and his daughter Divyashree (32) from Barakinadi.

According to sources, on June 11 evening at around 5.15pm, when Gopalkrishna and his daughter Divyashree had gone to gather grass, they accidentally came into contact with a live electric wire lying on the ground.

Both father and daughter were electrocuted. Both the bodies were shifted to the Bantwal government hospital for post mortem.

The complainant in his complaint has mentioned that from the past 40 years the electric wires have not been changed. The tragic incident occurred because of the negligence of MESCOM.

The Bantwal Rural police have registered a case under section 304(A) IPC.