House Gutted in Fire due to Short Circuit at Belapu
Udupi: The house belonging to Subhash Shetty a resident of Belapu under Shirva Police Station limits was gutted in a fire late night on April 13.
All the items inside the house including clothing and food grains were destroyed in the mishap. As no one was inside the house during the mishap, there was no loss to life. The neighbours, who noticed the fire informed the fire service and the Shirva police. The fire service personnel arrived at the spot and doused the fire. Shirva police also helped the fire service personnel in putting out the fire.
It is suspected that an electrical short circuit may be the reason for the incident.