Intellectual Interaction with Noble Laureates and Scientists at Sahyadri Conclave
Intellectual Interaction with Noble Laureates and Scientists at Sahyadri Conclave at Sahyadri Campus, Mangaluru from 6th to 10th January 2018
Mangaluru: Hosting its first ever Sahyadri Conclave on Science, Technology and Management from 6th to 10th, January 2018. Science is about knowing; engineering is about doing. The science of today is the technology of tomorrow. Therefore Science conclave focus on holistic Integration through useful deliberations amidst all the scientists
Conclave provides an opportunity to the young generation to meet and interact Noble Laureates, Internationally renowned Scientists and Industrialists. The primary purpose of the Conclave is to instill in young minds, the student participants spirit of scientific inquiry through motivating interactions with the renowned Nobel Laureates and Scientists. It will also help them in career guidance towards science and technology. About 1200 students spanning from various streams viz. High School, Pre-University students, UG and PG in Basic Sciences, Engineering and Management will participate in the conclave.
The interactive sessions will pave the way for a right career in the direction of scientific advancement and allied technologies for technical students and transformational leadership for management students. Sahyadri intends to host this event as a Social responsibility by providing this opportunity for high school students, as it is the right time for them to explore science and technology in the best way and chose their career.
Sahyadri conclave is organized in association with :
· Dept. of Science & Technology, Govt. of India,
· Karnataka Biotechnology & Information Technology Services – KBITS
· Karnataka Science & Technology Promotion Society Govt. of Karnataka – KSTePS
· Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi – VTU
· Mangalore University, Mangaluru
· Ramaiah Institutes of Technology, Bengaluru.
Sahyadri conclave is supported by All Cargo Logistics Ltd, Canara Bank, Dr. B R Ambedkar Medical College, Bengaluru, DIDAC India and the in-house Start-Ups namely Sams Techno Mech Pvt. Ltd, APTRA Technologies Pvt. Ltd, Research Design Lab – RDL Technologies Pvt. Ltd, Sahyadri Edu Dreamers R&D Pvt. Ltd, Dream Tech Innovations, SAHYAWARE, Caliper Engineering & Lab Pvt. Ltd & FLOTANOMERS.
Renowned Noble Laureates & International Scientists at conclave:
· Ada E. Yonath, Nobel Prize in Chemistry, 2009
· Serge Haraoche, Nobel Prize in Physics, 2012
· Joseph Sifakis, Turing Award in Computer Science, 2007
· Robert C Richarson, Scientific Researcher in Robotics, Leeds University, UK
· Satish K. Tripathu, President, University of Buffalo, USA
· S S Iyengar, Professor, Florida University
· Anish Arora Professor, Ohio University, USA
· Satya Prakash, Professor, Mcgill University, Canada
· Padma Shri Anat Agarwal, CEO at edX MIT, USA
· Anuradha Agarwal, Principal Research Scientist, MIT, USA.
Indian eminent personalities participating in the Conclave:
· Padma Shri Dr. Prahlada Rama Rao, Advisor, S-VYASA University
· Prof. Rajeev Gowda, Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha
· Prof. Anil D. Sahasrabudhe, Chairman, AICTE, New Delhi
· DP Agrawal, former Chairman, UPSC, New Delhi.
· Dr. Sudhir K. Mishra, MD & CEO BrahMos, DRDO, New Delhi
· Dr. Shankara K. Prasad, Founder & Chairman, Sampoorna Swaraj Foundation
· Amar Kumar Pandey IPS, Additional Director General of Police, GoK Bangalore
· Sanjay Sahay IPS, Additional Director General of Police, GoK Bangalore
· MN Vidya Shankar, IAS, former additional Chief Secretary, GoK Bangalore
· Manoj Rajan IFS, MD & CEO, Rashtriya e-market, Bangalore
· Rajah Vijayakumar, Chairman, Organization de Scalene, Bengaluru
· Shashikiran Shetty, MD & CEO Allcargo Logistics, Mumbai.
· Dr. S N Omkar, Chief Research Scientist, IISc, Bengaluru
· Rajashekar Hiremat, President, Flexitron, Bengaluru
· Dr. T. G. Sitharam, Chairman, AICTE, South West Regional Office
· C. J. Jagadisha, ISRO, Hon. Secretary, KERF Bengaluru
· Dr. Jagadeesh Gopalan, Professor, Aerospace, Engineering, IISc, Bengaluru
· Hasanabba, Ex MLC, Bangalore
Science Conclave inauguration on January 6, 2018 at 4:00 pm
In the august presence of
· Dr. Ramana Deekshithulu, Chief Priest of Tirumala Temple.
· Hon’ble Minister for Higher Education Mr. Basavaraj Rayareddy
· Hon,ble Minister for Science and technology M. R. Seetharam
The event will span over five days which will cover sessions such as Interaction with Nobel Laureates, Panel Discussion with Scientists, Technocrats and Entrepreneurs, and other sessions on technology and management. There will be technical sessions related to current technological advancements which will be delivered by renowned professors and technocrats.
The Conclave will deliberate on the common Themes relating to life to make the young minds to be self aware, scientifically and rationally analyze to be disciplined in its use with outdis-abusing. The themes are: Water, Energy, Environment and Health.
And there will be Parallel sessions by specialized resource persons for the Engineering students on their areas of expertise like:
· Machine Learning& Deep Learning
· Artificial Intelligence& Virtual reality
· Embedded Systems& Other latest Technologies
· Internet of Things(IoT)
· Network Security
· Cloud computing
· Data Analytics
Highlights of the event are :
· Science project exhibition,
· Technical Exhibition,
· Mathematics Exhibition,
· Air Shows & Drones
· VEDIC science on the River Bank.
Valedictory program on January 10, 2018 at 1:00 pm.
Every day 6pm to 8pm Cultural Program depicting the Indian Culture on the themes envisaged for the day on Water, Environment, Energy and Health.
· Musical fusion of mathematics called ‘LayaLavanya’ by Anoor Ananthakrishna Sharma
· Magic Show by Kudroli Ganesh
· Shadow Play by Tejasvi
· Cultural Extravaganza Students of Sahyadri
About Sahyadri :
Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management is a premier technological institution, established in the year 2007, fostering excellence in education, research, & values towards inspiring and developing students to be skilled & practicing engineers. The institute is in existence since a decade, being recognized by AICTE, Government of India, affiliated to VTU, Government of Karnataka, NAAC accredited with “A” Grade, recognized by the UGC and certified by IAO & ISO 9001-2008.
The institution has Academic MoU with various National & International Universities and also has collaborations with the leading Corporate houses & Industries. Sahyadri encourages students to “Walk-in with the Idea and Walk-out with the Product” driving the Concept of Make in India. It aims at imparting Project based learning, thus enabling students to understand the process of learning concepts.
For more Information contacts :
Chief Co-ordinator: Dr. C K Manjunath, Ph.D. (MIT, Boston) +91 94498 45900
Co-ordinator: Anush Bekal, BE, MS, (Ph.D.) +91 94498 45928
Sahyadri Website: sahyadri.edu.in
Registration can be done through www.sahyadri-conclave.com
Press Meet on Sahyadri Conclave 2018 was held in Sahyadri Campus on 19 December, 2017. Manjunath Bhandary, Chairman, Bhandary Foundation, Dr. Umesh M Bhushi, Principal and Dr. C K Manjunath, Chief Coordinator were present.