Jewellery Box Making Unit Gutted in fire at Mundkur
Udupi: A Jewellery box making unit owned by Prabhakar Shenoy was gutted after fire broke out at Mundkur, Karkala on July 10. No one was injured in the incident.
According to the fire officials, the incident took place in the afternoon. The fire service rushed to the spot and doused the fire. It is suspected that an electrical short circuit may have caused the fire.
Goods and machinery worth of lakhs of rupees were destroyed in the fire. The factory was manufacturing boxes for packing gold.