Moving Car Catches Fire on Manipal Road
Udupi: A woman who was taking a sick person to the hospital had a narrow escape when the car they were traveling in caught fire on the Manipal road on Friday, April 17 morning.
The fire and emergency personnel rushed to the spot and doused the fire. A senior police officer said that the incident took place in the morning when the woman and the patient who hail from Bannanje, were going to KMC Hospital Manipal in their Swift Dzire Car.
When they reached near Manipal the woman saw smoke coming out of the engine. The fire engulfed the car as soon as the woman stopped the car on the side of the road. Experts, who inspected the vehicle, attributed the fire to a short circuit.