New Delhi (PTI): Amidst outrage over the mysterious death of an upright IAS officer in Karnataka, Congress President Sonia Gandhi today asked Chief Siddaramaiah to hand over the inquiry into the incident to CBI.
“The Congress President has advised the Karnataka Chief Minister to hand over the inquiry into IAS officer D K Ravi’s death to CBI,” party general secretary in-charge of Karnataka Digvijay Singh said.
Amid growing calls for a CBI probe into the case , Siddaramaiah earlier met Governor Vajubhai Val in the day in Bengaluru and briefed him about the developments in the case.
“I have met the Governor. I have explained to him the developments in Ravi’s case till date,” Siddaramaiah told reporters after meeting the Governor at Raj Bhavan.
He said the “Governor has heard what we have explained to him; we have told him the investigation is going on and the investigation has been handed over to CID.”
There has been a clamour for CBI probe from Opposition parties and the family of Ravi who was found hanging from a ceiling fan in his flat on Monday.
Stepping up pressure, BJP and JD(S) MLAs had yesterday marched in a procession from Vidhana Soudha, the state secretariat, to Raj Bhavan and requested the Governor to advise the Siddaramaiah government to refer the case to CBI.
AICC spokesperson Rajeev Gowda had on Wednesday indicated that the party was open to a CBI enquiry into the matter.
“…Essentially, this particular issue will be dealt with as the investigation unfolds and if it turns that a CBI inquiry is appropriate, then the state government will take action,” Gowda, a Rajya Sabha member from the state, had said.
- Bengaluru: IAS officer’s death: CM briefs Governor
- Udupi: State Govt should hand over IAS Officer Case to CBI according to Parents – Kota Srinivas
- Bengaluru: DK Ravi’s mother hospitalised
- Mangaluru: Karnataka will soon be known Corrupt and Criminal State – HMS Dharmendra
- Bengaluru: IAS officer’s death; govt refuses to budge on CBI probe
- Bengaluru: Ravi’s parents refuse to give statement to CID
- Mangaluru: CM Siddaramaiah, Why are you Afraid to Hand over D K Ravi Case to CBI? – Poojary
- Bengaluru: Karnataka IAS officer’s family suspects foul play
- Bengaluru: Ravi death: Govt sees personal reasons
- Bengaluru: Karnataka CID to probe IAS officer’s death
- Bengaluru: A Garland of 101 RTI Applications to An Honest Government Servant D K Ravi
- Bengaluru: Govt announces CID probe into IAS officer’s death
- Bengaluru: IAS officer D K Ravi Found Hanging – Murder Suspected
- Bengaluru: Home Minister Assures of Action against Assaults on Medical Staff on Duty
- Bengaluru: A salute to an Activist IAS Officer D K Ravi