Udupi: House Gutted in fire as LPG cylinder leaks in Chitpadi

Spread the love

Udupi: The house belonging to Sadananda Aithal was gutted in an accidental fire on Tuesday, January 27 at Chitpadi near Beedinagudde here. There were no casualties.

According to the Fire and Rescue Service personnel, the fire appeared to have originated from a leaking gas cylinder kept in Sadananda Aithal’s rented house. The fire was noticed around 10:00 am from the kitchen when Sadananda Aithal switched on the gas stove to cook rice.

Gasleakage_fire_mangalorean_20150127 Gasleakage_fire_mangalorean_20150127-001 Gasleakage_fire_mangalorean_20150127-002 Gasleakage_fire_mangalorean_20150127-003 Gasleakage_fire_mangalorean_20150127-004 Gasleakage_fire_mangalorean_20150127-005 Gasleakage_fire_mangalorean_20150127-006 Gasleakage_fire_mangalorean_20150127-007 Gasleakage_fire_mangalorean_20150127-008 Gasleakage_fire_mangalorean_20150127-009

Local residents immediately informed the fire service. Two fire brigades were rushed to the spot and the fire was doused. The fire was caused due to leakage of the gas cylinder. The roof of the house, household items, furniture etc were totally destroyed, he said.

Udupi MLA Pramod Madhwaraj, Local Councillor Ramesh Kanchan, Udupi Thashildar Gurprasad and other local representatives visited the spot.

Spread the love