Madrid, June 8 (IANS) American Serena Williams continued to lead the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) singles rankings, published on Monday, with 11,291 points after winning the French Open title.
Czech Lucie Safarova, who lost the Grand Slam title to Williams in the final, climbed to No.7 spot with 4,055 points, while Russia’s Maria Sharapova fell two rungs to the No.4 position with 5,950 points, reports Efe.
The current WTA ranking and point scores are as follows:
1. Serena Williams (USA) 11,291 points
2. Petra Kvitova (CZECH) 6,870
3. Simona Halep (ROMANIA) 6,130
4. Maria Sharapova (RUSSIA) 5,950
5. Caroline Wozniacki (DENMARK) 5,000
6. Ana Ivanovic (SERBIA) 4,305
7. Lucie Safarova (CZECH) 4,055
8. Ekaterina Makarova (RUSSIA) 3,620
9. Carla Suarez (SPAIN) 3,345
10. Angelique Kerber (GERMANY) 3,120.