Mangaluru: After a break of some months, there appears to be an alarming rise in chain-snatching incidents in and around the city.
All this time, only lonely women walking in secluded places were the targets. On Saturday, a male resident of Kadri temple new road was relieved of his gold chain early in the day.
Dinesh Shet had a routine of plucking flowers from the plants next to his house compound for the purpose of daily puja at home. As he was busy doing so, two men arrived in a motorbike, sped past him and then turned the bike back to ask for directions to go to Marigudi and also about the nearest filling station.
In good faith, Shet began giving details. One of the men grabbed the gold chain from his neck. As Shet resisted the attempt, only the pendant remained in the miscreant’s hand but chain remained safe.
The value of the gold pendant is said to be Rs 4,000. A case has been registered in the east police station.
In another incident, three unidentified men slowed down their bike as Girija Shetty, a resident of Kotekani, was on her morning walk on Saturday.
One of the pillion-riders snatched a gold chain from her neck and all of them sped away immediately. The chain with pendant was valued at Rs 65,000. A case has been registered at the Urwa police station. The public have been cautioned against wearing expensive ornaments while being alone in public.
- Mangaluru: Bikers Wanted to Know the Way, but Snatched Woman’s Chain away!
- Moodbidri: Gold Worth Rs 1.50 Lakh Snatched from Woman on Way to Gantalkatte Church
- Mangaluru: Now it’s a Male’s Turn to be Target of Chain-snatching!
- Mangaluru: Woman’s Chain Snatched while Sweeping Yard in Souterpet
- Puttur: Two Incidents of Chain-snatching in a Day – Same Culprits Likely
- Kinnigoli: Woman Loses 32 Gms Piece of Chain to Snatchers near Pakshikere
- Mangalore: Homemaker’s Gold Chain Snatched on Pretext of Asking for Water
- Mangalore: Teacher Waiting for Bus at Bhatrakodi Loses Chain Worth Rs 1.50 Lakh to Snatchers
- Mangalore: Senior Woman’s Gold Chain Snatched from River Bank in Adyar
- Karkala: Woman Loses Chain Worth Rs 1 Lakh to Snatcher in Anekere
- Manipal: Chain Snatched from Woman at Anant Nagar while on Morning Walk
- Bantwal: Woman on Way to Loreto Church Loses 7 Sovereign Gold to Bike-riding Snatchers
- Sullia: Chain Snatched from Lonely Woman by Young Man Riding Bike at Adkar
- Mangalore: Chain-snatchers Continue to Rule – Pedestrian Woman of 84 Loses Gold
- Mangalore: Teacher Waiting for Bus in Pandeshwar Loses Chain to Snatchers
- Mangalore: Chain of Gold-snatching Incidents Appears Never-ending!
- Mangalore: Chain-snatchers Strike again – Woman Loses Gold at Mathadakani
- Mangalore: Woman’s Gold Chain Snatched by Bikers in Vas Lane
- Moodbidri: Another Incident of Chain-snatching in Broad Daylight
- Udupi: Woman from Pernal Loses Rs 1.5 Lakh Gold Chains to Snatchers
- Kundapur: Bike-riding Duo Snatches Gold Chain from Woman
- Mangalore: Woman’s Chain
Snatched while Walking in Suvarna Lane
- Mangalore: Chain-snatching
Incident in Valencia – Value Rs 1.30 Lakh
- Mangalore: More Chain-
snatching Incidents in City
- Mangalore: ‘Chain’ of Gold-snatching Cases at Secluded Places Continues
- Udupi: Gold Chains Worth Rs 1.4 Lakh Snatched from Woman
- Udupi: Chain-snatcher with Past Record Nabbed by Hebri Police
- Udupi: Man Involved in Kadabettu Chain-snatching
Arrested at Shirva
- Udupi: Cash and Ornaments Snatched from Woman’s Vanity Bag
- Udupi: Chain-snatcher Caught by Public at Volakkad
- Mangalore: Chain-snatcher Caught on Spot by Public
- Mangalore: Chain-snatcher Duo Arrested during Vehicle Check