Bengaluru (ANI): Blasting the opposition for making baseless allegations to gain political mileage, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Saturday said he had promised IAS officer DK Ravi’s parents that the truth regarding his death would come out.
“HD Kumaraswamy said ‘I went to tamper post mortem reports when I paid respect to DK Ravi’s body’, comments for political mileage. The government will not hide anything, will not protect anyone. I have been in politics for thirty five years, I understand people’s sentiments and respect them, more importantly I promised his parents that I will get the truth,” said Siddaramaiah. “Opposition is making allegations for sake of politics. I am not interested in burying the truth, that’s not my business. We also want the truth to come out, that’s what I have promised to the parents,” he added.
Siddaramaiah is believed to have decided to refer the IAS officer’s death probe to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). The Chief Minister, who is expected to announce the CBI probe into the IAS officer’s death on the floor of the state assembly on Monday, had earlier been advised by Congress president Sonia Gandhi to do the same.
Ravi, who was an Additional Commissioner on deputation with the Commercial Tax department, was found hanging from a ceiling fan in his house last Monday. His death has resulted in widespread protests all over Karnataka, with politically parties, predominantly the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), calling for a CBI investigation into the matter.
- Bengaluru: IAS officer’s death; JDS releases audio tape
- Bengaluru: We will not protect anybody: Karna CM on IAS officer’s death
- Mangaluru: Poojary Gives Deadline to CM to Hand Over D K Ravi’s case to CBI
- New Delhi: Sonia asks Karnataka CM to hand over probe into IAS officer’s death to CBI
- Bengaluru: IAS officer’s death: CM briefs Governor
- Udupi: State Govt should hand over IAS Officer Case to CBI according to Parents – Kota Srinivas
- Bengaluru: DK Ravi’s mother hospitalised
- Mangaluru: Karnataka will soon be known Corrupt and Criminal State – HMS Dharmendra
- Bengaluru: IAS officer’s death; govt refuses to budge on CBI probe
- Bengaluru: Ravi’s parents refuse to give statement to CID
- Mangaluru: CM Siddaramaiah, Why are you Afraid to Hand over D K Ravi Case to CBI? – Poojary
- Bengaluru: Karnataka IAS officer’s family suspects foul play
- Bengaluru: Ravi death: Govt sees personal reasons
- Bengaluru: Karnataka CID to probe IAS officer’s death
- Bengaluru: A Garland of 101 RTI Applications to An Honest Government Servant D K Ravi
- Bengaluru: Govt announces CID probe into IAS officer’s death
- Bengaluru: IAS officer D K Ravi Found Hanging – Murder Suspected
- Bengaluru: Home Minister Assures of Action against Assaults on Medical Staff on Duty
- Bengaluru: A salute to an Activist IAS Officer D K Ravi