Hubballi: Speaking at a media meet here on Friday, Sri Rama Sene founder-chief Pramod Muthalik levelled a serious charge against the BJP saying that it was responsible for the genesis of Indian Mujahideen (IM), Yaseen Bhatkal and such other elements.
He pointed out that Justice Jagannath Shetty, heading an officially appointed commission in 1997, had conducted a year-long study in Bhatkal and submitted a detailed report on terrorist and anti-national activities. He had also recommended appropriate steps to suppress such activities. If that report had been implemented then, disruptive organizations would not have reared their head, he said.
He recalled that it was the BJP which had demanded the constitution of an inquiry commission, which came to be headed by Justice Jagannath Shetty. But the Congress government did not show the political will to implement it. If the report had been strictly implemented at that time, the IM organization would have been taken birth. The BJP had to take the blame for it, he added.
He further said that, to demand the implementation of the said report, the Sri Rama Sene would hold a walkathon from Bhatkal to Bengaluru very soon.
- Mangaluru: Police Act Suo Motu against Muthalik – Booked for ‘Chop Hands’ Statement
- Mangaluru: ‘Chop the Hands of Rapists’ – Pramod Muthalik
- Bangalore: Muthalik Publishes Book on Ananth’s Alleged Rs 14,000-crore HUDCO Scam
- Bangalore: Bumpy Ride for Ananth with RSS Pracharak in Fray besides Nilekani, Muthalik?
- Margao: Har Har Modi…Har Har Muthalik ! BJP will Take Back Muthalik after LS Elections – P Coutinho
- Hubli: Pramod Muthalik Forced to Quit BJP Hours after Joining
- Hubli: Muthalik’s Poll Plans in Doldrums as Prominent Sri Ram Sene Leaders Join BJP
- Dharwad: Brand Modi a Fund-raising Channel for Pramod Muthalik?
- Hubli: Pramod Muthalik to Contest as Independent against Pralhad Joshi?
- Bangalore: Pramod Muthalik to Return to BJP? Likely to Contest from Belgaum North
- Mangalore: Sri Rama Sene to Poach Leaders from Bajrang Dal?