Mangaluru: In spite of regular reports about chain-snatching incidents and increase in crimes, women continue wearing expensive jewellery while moving around in secluded places.
The law-enforcing agencies cannot be at every place. Precaution could be the best way to prevent such incidents. In yet another case, a woman on her morning walk lost a chain worth Rs 1 lakh to miscreants.
Uma Ghorpade, a resident of Lower Bendoor, had left her house around 6-10 in the morning. As she reached near the ESI hospital, two men arrived in a bike. Unlike the usual trick of asking for the way to someone’s house, they appear to have got straight into the act by pushing her down. After snatching her chain, they immediately sped away.
The chain weighed 40 gms, studded with corals and was valued at Rs 1 lakh. In her complaint, she has stated that the man riding the bike wore a helmet and hence his face could not be seen. But she could identify the person who was in the pillion, she said.
The city east police are investigating the case.
- Mangaluru: Two More Chain-snatching Cases – When will Women Learn a Valuable Lesson?
- Mangaluru: Chain-snatching
Incidents Continue in City – Woman Loses Gold Worth Rs 4.80 Lakh
- Mangaluru: Two Incidents in City Confirm an Alarming Rise in Chain-snatching Activity
- Mangaluru: Bikers Wanted to Know the Way, but Snatched Woman’sChain away!
- Moodbidri: Gold Worth Rs 1.50 Lakh Snatched from Woman on Way to Gantalkatte Church
- Mangaluru: Now it’s a Male’s Turn to be Target of Chain-snatching!
- Mangaluru: Woman’s Chain Snatched while Sweeping Yard in Souterpet
- Puttur: Two Incidents of Chain-snatching in a Day – Same Culprits Likely
- Kinnigoli: Woman Loses 32 Gms Piece of Chain to Snatchers near Pakshikere
- Mangalore: Homemaker’s Gold Chain Snatched on Pretext of Asking for Water
- Mangalore: Teacher Waiting for Bus at Bhatrakodi Loses Chain Worth Rs 1.50 Lakh to Snatchers
- Mangalore: Senior Woman’s Gold Chain Snatched from River Bank in Adyar
- Karkala: Woman Loses Chain Worth Rs 1 Lakh to Snatcher in Anekere
- Manipal: Chain Snatched from Woman at Anant Nagar while on Morning Walk
- Bantwal: Woman on Way to Loreto Church Loses 7 Sovereign Gold to Bike-riding Snatchers
- Sullia: Chain Snatched from Lonely Woman by Young Man Riding Bike at Adkarangalore: Chain-snatchers Continue to Rule – Pedestrian Woman of 84 Loses Gold
- Mangalore: Teacher Waiting for Bus in Pandeshwar Loses Chain to Snatchers
- Mangalore: Chain of Gold-snatching Incidents Appears Never-ending!
- Mangalore: Chain-snatchers Strike again – Woman Loses Gold at Mathadakani
- Mangalore: Woman’s Gold Chain Snatched by Bikers in Vas Lane
- Moodbidri: Another Incident of Chain-snatching in Broad Daylight
- Udupi: Woman from Pernal Loses Rs 1.5 Lakh Gold Chains to Snatchersundapur: Bike-riding Duo Snatches Gold Chain from Woman
- Mangalore: Woman’s Chain
Snatched while Walking in Suvarna Lane
- Mangalore: Chain-snatching
Incident in Valencia – Value Rs 1.30 Lakh
- Mangalore: More Chain-snatchin
g Incidents in City
- Mangalore: ‘Chain’ of Gold-snatching Cases at Secluded Places Continues
- Udupi: Gold Chains Worth Rs 1.4 Lakh Snatched from Woman
- Udupi: Chain-snatcher with Past Record Nabbed by Hebri Police
- Udupi: Man Involved in Kadabettu Chain-snatching
Arrested at Shirva
- Udupi: Cash and Ornaments Snatched from Woman’s Vanity Bag
- Udupi: Chain-snatcher Caught by Public at Volakkad
- Mangalore: Chain-snatcher Caught on Spot by Public
- Mangalore: Chain-snatcher Duo Arrested during Vehicle Check