National Level IT & Engineering Fest epITome 2019 at St Aloysius College – AIMIT Campus, Mangalore
Mangaluru: St. Aloysius College (Autonomous) School of Information Technology and Bio-informatics, under the banner of the Computer Society of India and ICT Academy, is hosting the National Level Intercollegiate IT Fest on 14th& 15th of March 2019. This is the 19th edition of the EpITome; Engineering and IT colleges are going to participate in this two days fest.
Praveen Kumar Kalbhavi, Co-founder, MD & CEO of Novigo Solutions Pvt, Ltd, Mangaluru will inaugurate this two-day program. The inaugural program will commence at 9:15 am on March 14th in the Arthur Shenoi Auditorium of AIMIT Campus. The program will be presided over by Rev. Fr. Dr. Praveen Martis SJ, Principal of St. Aloysius College (Autonomous), Mangaluru along with Rev Fr Denzil Lobo SJ, Director of AIMIT campus.
Epitome has several such as Tech Team – Building A Team for an IT company, IT Quiz, Coding, Gaming, Web Designing, Photography and Videography, Treasure Hunt, Mobile App Development, IT Manager, Marketing and Business Idea related contests. These competitions will test the Technical and managerial skills of the Engineering and IT graduates, which are the most essential skills at the workplace.
The valedictory program will be held at 4:15 pm on March 15th at the same venue. F V Tauro, Asst. General Manager of the Catholic Syrian Bank Ltd, Mangaluru will be the chief guest and Fr Melwin Mendonca SJ, Principal of St Aloysius PU College, Mangaluru will be the guest of honor. The program will be presided over by Fr Denzil Lobo SJ, Director, AIMIT, Beeri, Mangaluru.
St. Aloysius Institute of Management and Information Technology is situated in a state-of-the-art campus in Kotekar, Beeri, Mangalore. The School of Information Technology and Bioinformatics offers Masters in Computer Applications (MCA) – 3 Years Programme and 2 Years Lateral Entry Programme; M.Sc Software Technology, M.Sc Bioinformatics, PGDCA and newly introduced M.SC Big Data Analytics. AIMIT – School of Information Technology. The Courses give more emphasis on the Choice Based Credit System, Industry-Academia Collaborated Elective papers, Training on Campus Placement and Higher Studies, Alumni Interaction and working closely with the professional teams, Research & Consultancy by the Faculty and students through Special Interest Groups, Industry visits, Student Social Responsibility initiatives and focus on Entrepreneurship to create a better startup ecosystem
• Several Industry Academia Collaborations such as Infosys, IBM, Microsoft, Dell-EMC, Unicourt, Prime Focus Technologies, Code Craft etc.
• The School is the recipient of prestigious “Business School with Best Academic Input (Syllabus) in Information Technology” award from the Business School Affaire and Dewang Mehta National Education Awards on in 2015 -2018
• The School has been recognized as the Bioinformatics Facility by the Dept of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt of India, New Delhi
• The Dept is also recognized for the Big Data Analytics Research for the Health Informatics by the VGST, Govt of Karnataka
• The School of IT maintained High percentage of Campus Placements from various Companies.
• Strong Collaboration with foreign Universities for Students Higher Education, Students and Faculty Exchange programmes in the USA, Belgium, Japan, Mexico
• The Institute promote Entrepreneurship through its unique Design School / E-Cell in Collaboration with Wadhwani Foundation International.
EPITOME 2019 with its theme “Pirates of the Caribbean” is an IT Fest aimed at showcasing the talent of youngsters in the field of Information Technology and Bioinformatics. Twelve individual categories are organized, that will run in parallel, during the two-day fest for selecting the best talent.
The public is cordially invited to attend the program.
Who Can Participate: MCA / B.E / B.Tech (Comp.Sc / IS) / M.Tech/ MSc
Website for details: //www.sac-aimit.in/epitome/
Dates: 14th, 15th March 2019
Venue: Aloysius Institute of Management and Information Technology (AIMIT)
St Aloysius College (Autonomous)
Beeri, Kotekar Post