Mangaluru: Speaking to mediapersons here on Friday, city police commissioner Chandra Sekhar informed that an objection would be filed to the reported bail application submitted on behalf of Naresh Shenoy.
Shenoy is alleged to be the prime accused in the murder of RTI activist Vinayak Pandurang Baliga last month. Baliga was a BJP member and Shenoy was the convener of NaMo Brigade, later named Yuva Brigade.
Shenoy has been missing ever since his name was being mentioned in the murder. Lookout notices have been issued against him. Two persons involved in the murder, Vineet and Nishit, were arrested soon thereafter. while another, Shiva, was nabbed in Uppinangady earlier this week. He is currently in police custody.
Shenoy’s lawyers have filed a petition for anticipatory bail for him in one of the sessions courts. It is likely to come up for hearing on April 20. The police are planning to oppose it.
Chandra Sekhar stressed that impartial investigations were in progress and five teams were working to trace Shenoy and another two, Shrikant and Vighnesh. The latter is said to have provided the killers with a vehicle.
- ‘Politicians are Dumb and Mangalureans are Deaf’ – Dr Narendra Nayak
- Baliga Murder Case – Accused Shiva Arrested?
- BJP Leaders Involved in the Murder of Vinayak Baliga – Mithun Rai Baliga Murder Accused Sent to Three-day Police Custody
- ‘Lookout Notice Issued against Yuva Brigade’s Naresh Shenoy’ – Police
- ‘BJP Directly Involved in Murder of Vinayak Baliga’ – Ramanath Rai
- Has Murder Suspect Fled to Dubai? Baliga Family Expresses Fears
- CPI(M) Demands Thorough Probe into Vinayak Baliga Murder Case
- Vinayak Baliga’s Work Gains Momentum at National Level
- Nikhil Shenoy in City on Fact-finding Mission in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder – Police Raid House of Naresh Shenoy of Yuva Brigade
- Police Look out for Shiva and Shrikant Wanted in Baliga Murder Case
- Activists Demand Special Investigation Team in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder – Fingers Pointed at Yuva Brigade Leader
- An Open Letter to Fellow-Mangalureans on Vinayak Baliga’s Murder
- Vinayak Baliga Murder – Two Suspects Arrested
- Murder of Vinayak Baliga, RTI Activist who Fought for Justice
- RTI Activist Vinayak Baliga Hacked to Death at Kodialbail