Bhaskar Shetty murder case: Department inquiry begins against CPI Girish
Udupi: The district superintendent of Police K T Balakrishna confirmed that the department inquiry has begun against Manipal CPI Girish in the Hotelier Bhaskar Shetty murder case.
Speaking to Mangalorean.com on Monday, August 15 the SP said that Hotelier Bhaskar Shetty was missing on July 28. His mother Gulabi Shetty filed a complaint against Bhaskar Shetty’s wife Rajeshwari and Son Navaneeth Shetty. The Manipal CPI Girish did not take any action on Gulabi Shetty’s complaint. Ten days later CPI Girish arrested Bhaskar Shetty’s wife and son. He was indirectly responsible for destroying the evidence.
Meanwhile, many Bunt leaders made allegations against CPI Girish during a Public protest. They also alleged that nearly Rs 2 crore changed hands between the accused and investigating officer.
After strong demands by the associations, the department changed the Investigation officer on August 10. The Department has kept Girish away in this case and an internal department inquiry has been initiated against him, he added.
Three teams have been formed in the case and they are working at their best to collect comprehensive information with the links connecting and helping the police to rebuild the chain of events involving the crime. The team comprising of DNA experts is working on proving the circumstantial evidence. The other team, which is being purely utilized for technical expertise, is analyzing the video clippings and telephone calls and the third team is involved in the paperwork and performing ‘Mahajar’ (spot investigations) at various places.
Replying about the royal treatment given in a star hotel to the accused. SP said that due to security reasons the police took them to a good hotel and not a Star category hotel. Investigating Officer Dr Sumana ASP Karkala is doing her duty impartially, he said.
- Udupi Swamiji involved in Bhaskar Shetty murder case?
- Bhaskar Shetty’s murder case probe transferred to CID? Blood-stained Clothes Found
- Niranjan Bhat produced before Court, remanded Police Custody till Aug 16
- Bhaskar Shetty murder case: Wife and Son produced before Court
- Udupi Police suspected of Colluding with Accused in Bhaskar Shetty Murder Case? – Watch Video
- Ear-stud retrieved from the Niranjan Bhat’s Stomach
- Bhaskar Shetty’s murder another example of Tandoor murder -advocate Shantharam Shetty
- Minister Madhwaraj demands COD Prob in Bhaskar Shetty murder case
- Niranjan Bhat’s father and driver Remanded Judicial Custody till Aug 24
- Police arrest Niranjan Bhat’s father and driver for destroying evidence
- Pramod Madhwaraj assures impartial inquiry in Bhaskar Shetty Murder case
- Ear-stud Stuck in Gut – Niranjan Bhat shifted to another Hospital for Treatment?
- Mattar R Hegde denies commenting over representing accused in Bhaskar Shetty murder case
- Bunts Associations demand impartial inquiry into Bhaskar Shetty murder
- Accused in Bhaskar Shetty Murder, Niranjan Bhat attempts Suicide
- Bhaskar Shetty Murder case, Astrologer Niranjan Bhat surrenders
- Bhaskar murder case, Wife and Son Produced Before Court
- Bhaskar Shetty murder case, Police form Special team to nab Niranjan
- Missing hotelier Bhaskar Shetty’s body Found at Nandalike
- Hotelier Bhaskar Shetty goes missing