1. Fire extinguishers: of the BC or ABC type should be handy in the kitchen, garage and other key areas.
2. Smoke alarms: are life savers that belong in every key area.
3. Ground circuit interrupters: are for those times you forget that appliances and water don?t mix.
4. Carbon monoxide: detectors are a small expense to protect against this colorless, odorless, tasteless poison.
5. A first aid kit: and guide may ensure you take proper action if injuries occur.
6. A sturdy one-step stoop: may discourage acrobatics in your home that can land you in the emergency room,
7. Child-resistance locks will keep curious little hands out of trouble,
8. No-slip bath mats: grab bars and handrails can prevent unplanned gymnastics.
9. Cord shorteners: can keep window blind, phone and electrical lines safe from children and pets.
10. Flashlights: will guide you in a power outage or severe weather.
11. Sensor lights outdoors: can discourage intruders and light your way.
12. Deadbolt locks: that are pick-and drill-proof on a sturdy door can help secure your places.
13. A monitored security system: is smart investment, especially if you live or working in a high-crime area.
14. Disaster kit: with a 3-day supply of water and other necessities can help get you through an emergency.
Author: Dave Saldanha- USA