The feet and toes are important parts in body movement. They carry and move the weight of the body during walking and running, and help to keep balance as the body moves. Proper care needs to be taken care of it.
Here are a few simple tips:
1. Wash feet regularly with warm water and dry off fully.
2. For foot ache, soak your feet in warm water with ? cup of Epsom salt for about 15 minutes.
3. Feet tend to get dry fast especially during winter, so often apply a moisturizer and massage it for sometime.
4. Wear proper fitting shoes. Don?t wear tight shoes; just make sure there is enough gap between the tip of your main toe and the shoe.
5. Avoid walking barefooted ? your feet will be more prone to injury and infection
6. Do foot exercise. Wiggle toes, rotate your ankles in clockwise motion then rotate it the other way round, stretch your feet. Do this 3-4 times a day.
7. Trim your toe nails straight. Don?t keep it too long nor cut it too short. Cutting them too short will cause ingrown toenails.
8. Do not use the same pair of shoes for a long time. Have at least 2-3 pairs of shoes and switch between them regularly. Also wear the right shoe for the activity that you are engaged in (i.e. running shoes for running).
Author: Shailaja Baliga- USA