Anticipatory Bail – Naresh Shenoy Knocks at High Court’s Door
Mangaluru: Naresh Shenoy, NaMo Brigade founder and prime suspect in the murder of RTI activist Vinayak Pandurang Baliga has been absconding and has remained at large after the incident.
His lawyers had moved an anticipatory bail application in a sessions court here, which was stiffly opposed by the city police. Accordingly, the bail has been denied at the district level.
At a recent media meet, the city police commissioner had mentioned that evidence against Shenoy was so strong that even at a higher level the bail could be denied. Therefore, it was most advisable for Shenoy to surrender as soon as possible.
Now as the search for him by the police continues, it is reliably learnt that his lawyers have filed a plea for anticipatory bail in the high court in Bengaluru.
Forum sees conspiracy
In a related development, a forum calling itself Gowd Saraswat Brahmins Rakshana Vedike, said to be an affiliate of GSB temples’ federation, has issued a media release accusing certain vested interests of needlessly dragging the name of GSB temples and institutions into the murder case.
It was a conspiracy hatched with the sole intention of ruining the image of the temple. Rumours about Shri Kashi Math Samsthanam and its religious head are being floated to create confusion and misunderstanding among the public, it says.
It also affirms that the GSB community and the temple had no hand in the murder of Baliga. To meet with the situation, a meeting of the devotees and community leaders has been convened in Shri Venkatramana temple in Konchadi in the city at 5 pm on Monday, May 9, the release said.
- Prof Nayak Seeks Justice in Baliga Murder case
- Baliga Murder – Naresh Shenoy’s Close Associate
- Police Raid House of Vedavyas in Mannagudda in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder, DSO Holds Padayatra to Arrest Naresh Shenoy
- Anticipatory Bail for Naresh Shenoy in Baliga Murder Case Rejected
- Baliga Murder – Police to File Objection to Naresh Shenoy’s Bail
- ‘Politicians are Dumb and Mangalureans are Deaf’ – Dr Narendra Nayak
- Baliga Murder Case – Accused Shiva Arrested?
- BJP Leaders Involved in the Murder of Vinayak Baliga – Mithun Rai
- Baliga Murder Accused Sent to Three-day Police Custody
- ‘Lookout Notice Issued against Yuva Brigade’s Naresh Shenoy’ – Police
- ‘BJP Directly Involved in Murder of Vinayak Baliga’ – Ramanath Rai
- Has Murder Suspect Fled to Dubai? Baliga Family Expresses Fears
- CPI(M) Demands Thorough Probe into Vinayak Baliga Murder Case
- Vinayak Baliga’s Work Gains Momentum at National Level
- Nikhil Shenoy in City on Fact-finding Mission in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder – Police Raid House of Naresh Shenoy of Yuva Brigade
- Police Look out for Shiva and Shrikant Wanted in Baliga Murder Case
- Activists Demand Special Investigation Team in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder – Fingers Pointed at Yuva Brigade Leader
- An Open Letter to Fellow-Mangalureans on Vinayak Baliga’s Murder
- Vinayak Baliga Murder – Two Suspects Arrested
- Murder of Vinayak Baliga, RTI Activist who Fought for Justice
- RTI Activist Vinayak Baliga Hacked to Death at Kodialbai