City’s Cops on Hot Trail of Online Fraudsters, Caution against Identity Theft
Mangaluru: City police commissioner Chandra Sekhar has cautioned the public that they should not fall for the tricks adopted by online fraudsters by way of claiming to be bank personnel and asking for personal details like ATM card number, password or personal index number (PIN).
Speaking to mediapersons here, he said that a number of such cases of online fraud had been reported in the recent past. Revealing that his department had gone on a hot trail of the network and found vital leads. He expressed confidence that the culprits would be nabbed soon.
The origin of most of these calls was Jharkhand and the commissionerate was going after the leads, he revealed.
- Puttur: Take Care! Casual Attitude with ATM Cards can PIN You down!
- Manipal: Bank Account of MIT Student from Chennai Hacked – Rs 45,000 Siphoned off
- Mangaluru: Medical Student Loses Rs 14,000 in Fraudulent Internet Bank Withdrawal
- Mangaluru: Account-holder Loses Rs 18,000 in ATM Card Trickery
- Mangaluru: Malaysian Medical Student Loses Rs 1.18 Lakh in Debit Card Cloning Fraud
- Bantwal: Getting Wiser from Others’ Experience – Attempt to Hack ATM Card Account Dodged
- Bengaluru: Latest Victim of ATM Card Trickery is None Other Than State’s Police Chief Himself!
- Karkala: Man Tricked into Revealing ATM PIN – Amount Withdrawn from Account