(This recipe was the Golden Oryx winner of the week featured in the Thursday edition of the Times of Oman.)
Hearts are universally popular. They come in all sizes, shapes and colors. But you just cannot resist the one’s that are delectable and made out of chocolate. Here’s a recipe for chocolate hearts that just melt in the mouth. You can make them on a special occasion or on any ordinary day. It’s a sweet way of telling someone you love them.
Coast (or any other) milk powder: 5 cups
Cadbury drinking chocolate powder: 1? cups
Sugar: 3 cups
Ghee: 1 cup
Water: 1 cup
- Sieve milk powder and chocolate powder together.
- Prepare sugar syrup in a non stick pan.
- The syrup should be of thick consistency but less than one thread consistency.
- Add ghee while the syrup is boiling and allow it to boil for two minutes.
- Now switch off the gas.
- Add the sieved mixture of milk and chocolate powder and stir.
- Stir well till the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan and forms a lump.
- Pour this mixture onto a greased plate or butter paper.
- Allow it to cool.
- With a heart mould cutter, cut it into heart shapes.
Author: Jaya Ramesh- Oman