Baliga Murder – Naresh, 6 Others Chargesheeted
Mangaluru: Just ahead of the 90 days’ mandatory deadline, a chargesheet was filed on Thursday against seven persons in connection with the murder of RTI activist Vinayak Pandurang Baliga.
A 770-page primary chargesheet was filed by ACP Tilakchandra, who is the designated investigating officer, to the third additional district and sessions court.
NaMo Brigade founder Naresh Shenoy has been named as the prime accused, while Shrikant, Shiva, Vineet, Nishit Devadiga, Shailesh and Manjunath Shenoy are the co-accused.
The document contains information on the freezing of Naresh Shenoy’s bank accounts, a few two-wheelers owned by him, the lethal weapons used in the killing, an autorickshaw, a Toyota Qualis car and a Ritz car seized by the police.
Since the prime accused, Naresh Shenoy is still at large, an additional chargesheet will be filed after his arrest, according to police sources. His application for an anticipatory bail has been turned down by the state high court.
In the meantime, more arrests are likely, said informed sources.
In spite of heavy pressure from different quarters, the police have made a significant breakthrough by filing the chargesheet, say those who are fighting for justice for the Baliga family.
They have specially commended city police commissioner for staying firm in the prevailing circumstances and developments.
- Another Accused Srikanth Arrested in Baliga Murder case
- Manjunath Arrested in Baliga Murder case
- Baliga Murder – Naresh Shenoy’s Close Associate in Police Custody
- Police Raid House of Vedavyas in Mannagudda in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder, DSO Holds Padayatra to Arrest Naresh Shenoy
- Anticipatory Bail for Naresh Shenoy in Baliga Murder Case Rejected
- Baliga Murder – Police to File Objection to Naresh Shenoy’s Bail
- ‘Politicians are Dumb and Mangalureans are Deaf’ – Dr Narendra Nayak
- Baliga Murder Case – Accused Shiva Arrested?
- BJP Leaders Involved in the Murder of Vinayak Baliga – Mithun Rai Baliga Murder Accused Sent to Three-day Police Custody
- ‘Lookout Notice Issued against Yuva Brigade’s Naresh Shenoy’ – Police
- ‘BJP Directly Involved in Murder of Vinayak Baliga’ – Ramanath Rai
- Has Murder Suspect Fled to Dubai? Baliga Family Expresses Fears
- CPI(M) Demands Thorough Probe into Vinayak Baliga Murder Case
- Vinayak Baliga’s Work Gains Momentum at National Level
- Nikhil Shenoy in City on Fact-finding Mission in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder – Police Raid House of Naresh Shenoy of Yuva Brigade
- Police Look out for Shiva and Shrikant Wanted in Baliga Murder Case
- Activists Demand Special Investigation Team in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder – Fingers Pointed at Yuva Brigade Leader
- An Open Letter to Fellow-Mangalureans on Vinayak Baliga’s Murder
- Vinayak Baliga Murder – Two Suspects Arrested
- Murder of Vinayak Baliga, RTI Activist who Fought for Justice
- RTI Activist Vinayak Baliga Hacked to Death at Kodialbail