Karkala: A pair of bison has been on the march around Mundkur during the past few days.
They appear to be moving from place to place. On Monday and Tuesday, they were spotted moving around in Sankalakariya in broad daylight.
On Thursday, they were seen having camped in the rubber plantation in the Mission Compound near the primary school in Sankalakariya.
In spite of people gathering out of curiosity, they stayed undisturbed alhough giving a stare at those clicking photographs. The forest officials, who were trying to convince people that the bisons were harmless unless provoked, themselves looked helpless, without knowing what to do.
If attempts were made to drive them away, they could come charging out of insecurity. As the stalemate continues, the owners of the plantation are the losers, as the animals seemed to be happy munching the banana plants in large numbers.
The forest personnel are said to be seeking guidance and orders from the higher-ups as to what suitable steps could be taken to ensure their march back to the jungle.
- Karkala: Pair of Bison Re-appears in Mundkur – Residents Asked to Avoid Provocation
- Puttur: Pair of Bisons Appears near Homes around Renjaladi, Creates Scare
- Kundapur: Daylight March of Bisons into Human Territory Creates Fear in Nada
- Kundapur: Lone Bison on Majestic March Damages Farm Growth and Produce
- Udupi: Bison Menace again in Havanje – Agricultural Crops Damaged
- Karkala: Scare around as Bisons Show up in Belmannu Church Surroundings
- Bantwal: Bisons Create Scare at Rayi Kudkoli – ‘Leave Them Alone’ Says Official
- Mangalore: Bison Makes Repeat Guest Appearance inside Airport Area!
(with mobile pic from a reader)