Bhaskar Shetty’s murder case probe transferred to CID? Blood-stained Clothes Found
Udupi: The blood-stained clothes of accused Rajeshwari and astrologer Niranjan Bhat were found in a laundry at Nitte. When asked the police to confirm, the police sources said that the investigation is in progress.
Hotelier Bhaskar Shetty’s wife Rajeshwari’s Churidar pyjama and Niranjan Bhat’s dhoti and shirt were given to a laundry at Nitte in Karkal. Manipal police have recovered the clothes belonging to Rajeshwari and Niranjan from the laundry.
Sources have confirmed to Mangalorean.com that the state government has decided to transfer the investigation of Hotelier Bhaskar Shetty murder case to the CID.
After strong demands by Bhaskar Shetty’s mother, family members and the Bunt associations, to ensure a fair and impartial probe, which will dig out all the links, the government has decided to hand the case over to the CID. The official announcement will be out in another two-three days, sources said.
From day one of Bhaskar Shetty’s murder, the Bunt association’s and family members were alleging that the Manipal police were showing negligence in the investigation of Case. The FIR registered by the police after the murder of businessman Bhaskar Shetty is weak. The police have themselves written the conclusion of the case in the FIR. That is why the associations and the family members have demanded the case be handed over to the CID or CBI.
The district in-charge minister Pramod Madhwaraj who took part in the protest by the Bunt associations had assured them of a fair inquiry, and if the need arises, the case would be handed over to the CID. He had also written a letter to the Home Minister requesting him to hand over the case to either the CID or the CBI.
Reliable sources said that the police decided for a special investigating team to look into the details of Bhaskar Shetty’s bank account to find out where and to whom the money has gone.
SP K T Balakrishna visits Nandalike
The new SP K T Balakrishna on Saturday visited Nandalike, where the place of the crime. The SP visited Niranjan Bhat’s house and inspected the Homa Kunda area and also visited Yapadyakere and Kalkar river bank where the accused had disposed of the remains of the body.
The investigation team led by Dr Sumana ASP Karkala has taken Niranjan Bhat for spot investigation in the area where the body was burnt. There are three teams working on the murder case and collecting circumstantial evidence.
The police sources said that prior to the murder; Rajeshwari purchased pepper spray from a medical located near Udupi city bus-stand. Investigation team collected CCTV footage from the medical shop, are trying to ascertain the identity of the two other persons who accompanied with Rajeshwari. Police team also collected information from hardware shop where Rajeshwari purchased roap for murder.
Udupi-Chikkamagaluru MP Shobha Karandlaje and Rajyasabha member Oscar Fernandes on Saturday visited Gulabi Shetty’s House and assured of an impartial inquiry in the case.
During the visit Gulabi Shetty submitted a memorandum to Shobha Karandlaje and Oscar Fernandes in which she has requested the police to take into custody Rajeshwari’s brother-in-law and her nephew Balakrishna Shetty for their alleged involvement in the killing. She has also requested the police to scrutinise the call records of these two persons from July 28 to August 7 so that they can get a clear picture of their alleged involvement in the murder of Bhaskar Shetty.
Udupi-Chikkamagaluru MP Shobha Karandlaje speaking to media persons after visiting Gulabi Shetty’s house she said that the murder of Bhaskar Shetty as the rarest of the rare crime in the district. The accused should not be spared from the conviction and the police should work out sincerely to collect all the circumstantial evidences to ensure their conviction.
The former SP Annamalai should have been continued in the district for at least some time, as it would have ensured speedy investigation and the truth would have been out at the earliest. However, the case findings should be revealed to the public,she said.
She demanded that the police officers who had accomplice with the accused be transferred or suspended. The previous IO is alleged to have been involved in the crime. The home minister should take action against him, she said.
- Niranjan Bhat produced before Court, remanded Police Custody till Aug 16
- Bhaskar Shetty murder case: Wife and Son produced before Court
- Udupi Police suspected of Colluding with Accused in Bhaskar Shetty Murder Case? – Watch Video
- Ear-stud retrieved from the Niranjan Bhat’s Stomach
- Bhaskar Shetty’s murder another example of Tandoor murder -advocate Shantharam Shetty
- Minister Madhwaraj demands COD Prob in Bhaskar Shetty murder case
- Niranjan Bhat’s father and driver Remanded Judicial Custody till Aug 24
- Police arrest Niranjan Bhat’s father and driver for destroying evidence
- Pramod Madhwaraj assures impartial inquiry in Bhaskar Shetty Murder case
- Ear-stud Stuck in Gut – Niranjan Bhat shifted to another Hospital for Treatment?
- Mattar R Hegde denies commenting over representing accused in Bhaskar Shetty murder case
- Bunts Associations demand impartial inquiry into Bhaskar Shetty murder
- Accused in Bhaskar Shetty Murder, Niranjan Bhat attempts Suicide
- Bhaskar Shetty Murder case, Astrologer Niranjan Bhat surrenders
- Bhaskar murder case, Wife and Son Produced Before Court
- Bhaskar Shetty murder case, Police form Special team to nab Niranjan
- Missing hotelier Bhaskar Shetty’s body Found at Nandalike
- Hotelier Bhaskar Shetty goes missing