Baliga Murder – Family Congratulates City Police Chief
Mangaluru: By now, it is well known that city police commissioner Chandra Sekhar took great efforts and motivated his team to track down the accused in the murder of RTI activist Vinayak Pandurang Baliga, in spite of reported pressure from different quarters.
With the arrest of Naresh Shenoy, the prime accused, a major breakthrough was made. Another co-accused, Vighnesh, is yet to be arrested.
The police are trying to trace all those who shielded him helped abscond and remain beyond the reach of the police. They would also be rounded up, according to police sources.
The members of the Baliga family and some public-spirited activists have relentlessly pursued the matter with a view to bringing the matter to a logical conclusion. As a mark of gratitude and appreciation, a delegation made of these persons called on the police commissioner on Monday and congratulated him on the success of their team in arresting the culprits.
In response to their wishes, the commissioner said that his team had done a good job in ensuring the arrest of the accused. He added that Naresh Shenoy was in police custody and an investigation would be conducted in a scientific manner.
The delegation consisted of Shweta M Pai and Anuradha Baliga, the sisters of the late Vinayak Baliga, Dattatreya Bhat, Vaman Pai, Rationalists’ Association’s national president Dr Narendra Nayak, DYFI state president Muneer Katipalla, Karunakar of the AIYF, Nitin Kuttar, M Devadas, Raghu Yekkar, Santosh Bajal, Renny D’Souza and others.
The court in which Shenoy was produced on Monday has granted the police a three-day custody for investigation.
- Baliga Murder Case – Naresh Shenoy Produced in Court
- Baliga Murder Case Prime accused Naresh Shenoy arrested
- Naresh Shenoy will be Arrested Soon – Sources
- Baliga Murder – Naresh, 6 Others Chargesheeted
- Another Accused Srikanth Arrested in Baliga Murder case
- Manjunath Arrested in Baliga Murder case
- Baliga Murder – Naresh Shenoy’s Close Associate in Police Custody
- Police Raid House of Vedavyas in Mannagudda in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder, DSO Holds Padayatra to Arrest Naresh Shenoy
- Anticipatory Bail for Naresh Shenoy in Baliga Murder Case Rejected
- Baliga Murder – Police to File Objection to Naresh Shenoy’s Bail
- ‘Politicians are Dumb and Mangalureans are Deaf’ – Dr Narendra Nayak
- Baliga Murder Case – Accused Shiva Arrested?
- BJP Leaders Involved in the Murder of Vinayak Baliga – Mithun Rai Baliga Murder Accused Sent to Three-day Police Custody
- ‘Lookout Notice Issued against Yuva Brigade’s Naresh Shenoy’ – Police
- ‘BJP Directly Involved in Murder of Vinayak Baliga’ – Ramanath Rai
- Has Murder Suspect Fled to Dubai? Baliga Family Expresses Fears
- CPI(M) Demands Thorough Probe into Vinayak Baliga Murder Case
- Vinayak Baliga’s Work Gains Momentum at National Level
- Nikhil Shenoy in City on Fact-finding Mission in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder – Police Raid House of Naresh Shenoy of Yuva Brigade
- Police Look out for Shiva and Shrikant Wanted in Baliga Murder Case
- Activists Demand Special Investigation Team in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder – Fingers Pointed at Yuva Brigade Leader
- An Open Letter to Fellow-Mangalureans on Vinayak Baliga’s Murder
- Vinayak Baliga Murder – Two Suspects Arrested
- Murder of Vinayak Baliga, RTI Activist who Fought for Justice
- RTI Activist Vinayak Baliga Hacked to Death at Kodialbail