Minister Rai Urged to Ensure Early Arrest of Naresh Shenoy
Mangaluru: A delegation comprising All India Rationalists’ Federation president Prof Narendra Nayak, and B Ramachandra Baliga and Varsha, father and sister respectively of slain RTI activist Vinayak Baliga, has met B Ramanath Rai, the minister in charge of the district and submitted a memorandum.
The memorandum seeks the early arrest of the prime accused in the murder and NaMo Brigade founder Naresh Shenoy, who has been at large after the murder.
They expressed concern that in spite of two months having elapsed since the murder, he has not yet been nabbed. This could give scope to destruction of evidence, they said.
Responding to the demand, Rai said that arresting him was getting difficult since Shenoy was known to keep on changing his location from time to time, far too often. Yet, he assured, the police would track him down soon.
In the meantime, following the rejection of his application for an anticipatory bail in a city court, he had sought it from the state high court.
The bail application filed by his lawyers is scheduled to come up for hearing in the HC on May 30.
- Naresh Shenoy’s Wife’s Plaint against WhatsApp Group
- Anticipatory Bail – Naresh Shenoy Knocks at…
- Prof Nayak Seeks Justice in Baliga Murder case
- Baliga Murder – Naresh Shenoy’s Close Associate
- Police Raid House of Vedavyas in Mannagudda in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder, DSO Holds Padayatra to Arrest Naresh Shenoy
- Anticipatory Bail for Naresh Shenoy in Baliga Murder Case Rejected
- Baliga Murder – Police to File Objection to Naresh Shenoy’s Bail
- ‘Politicians are Dumb and Mangalureans are Deaf’ – Dr Narendra Nayak
- Baliga Murder Case – Accused Shiva Arrested?
- BJP Leaders Involved in the Murder of Vinayak Baliga – Mithun Rai
- Baliga Murder Accused Sent to Three-day Police Custody
- ‘Lookout Notice Issued against Yuva Brigade’s Naresh Shenoy’ – Police
- ‘BJP Directly Involved in Murder of Vinayak Baliga’ – Ramanath Rai
- Has Murder Suspect Fled to Dubai? Baliga Family Expresses Fears
- CPI(M) Demands Thorough Probe into Vinayak Baliga Murder Case
- Vinayak Baliga’s Work Gains Momentum at National Level
- Nikhil Shenoy in City on Fact-finding Mission in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder – Police Raid House of Naresh Shenoy of Yuva Brigade
- Police Look out for Shiva and Shrikant Wanted in Baliga Murder Case
- Activists Demand Special Investigation Team in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder – Fingers Pointed at Yuva Brigade Leader
- An Open Letter to Fellow-Mangalureans on Vinayak Baliga’s Murder
- Vinayak Baliga Murder – Two Suspects Arrested
- Murder of Vinayak Baliga, RTI Activist who Fought for Justice
- RTI Activist Vinayak Baliga Hacked to Death at Kodialbai