Bhaskar Shetty was burnt alive, Probe Intensifies
Udupi: The probe in the Bhaskar Shetty murder case has intensified, said Ida Martin, Marbaniang superintendent of Police CID Karnataka. He was speaking at a press meet held at the SP Office on November 2.
Bhaskar Shetty had been to his house to have a bath at around 3 pm, when he was coming out of the bathroom after having a bath, 3 of the main accused of the case sprayed pepper spray at his face. The accused hit Shetty’s head with an iron rod. He was later carried to the garage and was given pesticide which made him faint. He was later carried to Niranjan Bhat’s house in Nandalike where he was burnt using petrol, ghee and camphor.
Niranjan Bhat and his driver Raghavendra cleaned Bhat’s house with water to destroy the evidence. The bricks used at the burning area and bones were later disposed of in a river. Niranjan Bhat’s father Shrinivas Bhat renovated the place where Shetty was burnt alive.
During the investigation process, police recovered bones and bricks which were later sent to the forensic science laboratory. The FSL has confirmed the evidence material, police have initiated the charge sheet against the five accused under IPC sections 302, 201, 204, 120(b) r/w 34 on November 2.
The preliminary charge sheet of 1300 pages in 4 volumes was filed in the court. The CID police are waiting for the findings of the cyber forensic team. The police have recorded around 80 statements, 15 CID officials including Director General of Police (CID) Inspector General of Police (IG) Superintendent of Police (2), 4 DySP’s and 3 inspectors have probed the case. The case is very strong; the lapse by Manipal police is under investigation.
The involvement of a witness in underworld activities is still not known as the investigation is still in progress. If any such activity is reported action will be initiated, he added.
Meanwhile, all the 3 accused were produced before the Additional Civil and Chief Judicial Magistrate court on November 2, the court has extended their judicial custody till November 17.
- CID Police files Chargesheet in Bhaskar Shetty murder case
- Bhaskar Shetty Murder; CID to get DNA Report in two days?
- Bhaskar Shetty murder case: Judicial custody extended till November 2
- Bhaskar Shetty case: Judicial custody of all Five accused extended till October 17
- Bhaskar Shetty Murder: Court grants Bail to Srinivas and Raghavendra
- Bhaskar Shetty Murder: HC stays Police Custody of Rajeshwari Shetty
- Bhaskar Shetty Murder: Niranjan’s Police custody extended till Sept 21
- Bhaskar Shetty Murder: Navaneeth sent to CID Police custody for two days
- Bhaskar Shetty Murder: Niranjan’s Police custody extended till Sept 19
- Bhaskar Shetty Murder: Recovered bones confirmed to be humans
- Bhaskar Shetty Murder case: Accused Niranjan Handed over to CID
- Bhaskar Shetty Murder Case; Judicial custody extended till September 19
- Bhaskar Shetty murder case: CID ADGP Prathap Reddy..
- Bhaskar Shetty murder case, CID-DIG Sonia Narang Visits family members
- CID Team arrives, takes over Investigation of Bhaskar Shetty murder case
- Bhaskar Shetty murder case: DNA test application hearing on August 18
- Government Orders to Handover Bhaskar Shetty Murder Case to CID
- Bhaskar Shetty murder case: Wife, Son and Astrologer produced before Court
- Rajeshwari Killed Bhaskar Shetty for self-defence! – Sumati
- Bhaskar Shetty murder case: Department inquiry begins against CPI Girish
- Udupi Swamiji involved in Bhaskar Shetty murder case?
- Bhaskar Shetty’s murder case probe transferred to CID? Blood-stained Clothes Found
- Rajeshwari Shetty’s sisters give Life threat to Hotel Manager
- Bhaskar Shetty murder case: Wife and Son produced before Court
- Udupi Police suspected of Colluding with Accused in Bhaskar Shetty Murder Case? – Watch Video
- Minister Madhwaraj demands COD Prob in Bhaskar Shetty murder case
- Bhaskar Shetty’s murder another example of Tandoor murder -advocate Shantharam Shetty
- Pramod Madhwaraj assures impartial inquiry in Bhaskar Shetty Murder case
- Mattar R Hegde denies commenting over representing accused in Bhaskar Shetty murder case
- Bunts Associations demand impartial inquiry into Bhaskar Shetty murder
- Niranjan Bhat’s father and driver Remanded Judicial Custody till Aug 24
- Police arrest Niranjan Bhat’s father and driver for destroying evidence
- Ear-stud retrieved from the Niranjan Bhat’s Stomach
- Ear-stud Stuck in Gut – Niranjan Bhat shifted to another Hospital for Treatment?
- Accused in Bhaskar Shetty Murder, Niranjan Bhat attempts Suicide
- Niranjan Bhat produced before Court, remanded Police Custody till Aug 16
- Bhaskar Shetty Murder case, Astrologer Niranjan Bhat surrenders
- Bhaskar Shetty murder case, Police form Special team to nab Niranjan
- Missing hotelier Bhaskar Shetty’s body Found at Nandalike
- Hotelier Bhaskar Shetty goes missing