“Now that the main accused in the Vinayaka Baliga murder case has been apprehended and in police custody for three days by the court, we have come to know through reliable sources that measures are afoot to see that he would be comfortably ensconced in a nursing home until he gets bail. He will be diagnosed with ‘renal failure’ or hepatitis at the govt. hospital since that it is a statutory requirement. Following that it will be also certified that facilities for treating the same are not available in the hospital and the ‘patient’ will be shifted there to lead the rest of his time in judicial custody in the comfort of a private nursing home. This has been ‘managed’ for a number of ‘eminent’ people including stamp paper scam-tainted Telgi, Satyam Raju and many such others! ‘Fixing’ a laboratory for Hepatitis B or C positive reports naturally comes at a price! There are many ways of doing that while arranging for such a report is one option, replacing the specimen collected with that of another patient suffering from the particular disease in another one. When specimen come to a laboratory from outside it is just the signature of the referring clinician on the specimen container is taken as a certificate for the genuineness of the sample. If a container with a label and OP number of one patient is made ready in the transit between the specimen collection center and the analysing laboratory anything can happen and it does happen. With a pliant clinician and the custodians turning a blind eye one can conveniently make up a story of renal failure!
Since ‘custodial interrogation’ means torture without leaving any physical marks, a complaint can be made about torture and a ‘crush injury’ to muscles. This would involve invisible injuries to muscles and crushing them would cause the release of myoglobin which would accumulate in the kidneys and cause renal failure! Well, how do you supplement that with laboratory reports? You can either catch one which can be ‘fixed’ or really generate laboratory findings which look like it. The clue lies in blood and urine- each has no place with the other! With the patient giving a urine sample with a few drops of blood added surreptitiously and a few drops of urine added to the blood, we can have two reports complementing each other and clinching the diagnosis of renal failure. Of course, this would need treatment and if the failure is severe enough dialysis! The govt. medical officer can certify that such facilities are not available in their establishment and recommend shifting the patient to a specialised private hospital! Once that is done the private hospital will see to it that the patient never improves or develops further ‘complications’ until bail is obtained! That is how many politicians facing grave charges manage to keep themselves out of prison. Well, I can predict the scenario here – the pliant jailor (of course the one at Mangalore has a reputation of being quite elastic) refers the undertrial for medical treatment and the govt. medical officer generates a report of ‘renal failure’ requiring immediate dialysis and the ‘sick’ undertrial gets admitted to a private establishment where he can enjoy five-star comforts along with his escorting police who will be also treated well. So, all are happy. How about the cause of justice? Like all other things that too can go to dogs!
Of course like all astrological predictions mine also could go wrong and I do hope I will be proved wrong. But, generating such reports can be challenged before a medical board, in service medical officers can be handled by the authorities and medical practitioners indulging in such unethical practices could lose their registration and medical establishments could lose their license too! So we do hope that a healthy young man who has been gallivanting all over the country for three months will not develop ‘medical complications’ suddenly once he gets apprehended. Wishing him the best of health!”
Ayurvedic dealerships belonging to the accused Naresh Shenoy
The above press note was issued three days back and we regret to inform you that what I had predicted came true! While the finer details which are not very important are awaited, this young man referred to above at a tender young age has been suffering from kidney disease since 2014. This was revealed to the court today when he was produced before the magistrate after three days of police custody. He had produced documents that he had been suffering from some kidney disease since two years and required immediate treatment for that in a specific establishment – Mangala Nursing Home, Kadri, Mangalore. It was another thing that the government health officers had already examined him and had certified that he was hale and hearty and can be given police custody. That too a government facility, a tertiary care teaching hospital with a large medical college attached to it, would not be sufficient for the complicated treatment which he should get at a private hospital!
One may find it strange that one of the largest wholesalers of Ayurvedic concoctions in Mangalore does not believe in his own goods or perhaps that they are incapable of curing him! Perhaps he had been away from Mangalore for three months searching for some new cure for the horrible disease he is suffering for which he needs immediate hospitalisation. Of course that this did not impress the magistrate, who handed him over to the police for another two days of custody, is another matter. Perhaps he must have seen requests from many accused asking for treatment in that particular hospital and routinely dismissing them! This also shows the hypocrisy of these who shout from the rooftops about the wonderful curative preventive properties of yoga and Ayurveda, but have no belief in them when it comes to their own personal ailments! The public prosecutor objected to the certificate and attempts for getting out on bail. Vinayak Baliga’s father has impleaded himself into the case through his advocate Asha Nayak.
Since only Photostat copies of the documents were produced perhaps they were not genuine! Anyway, we await the clarification from the owners of the said establishment and those who are supposed to have treated him.
Prof Narendra Nayak
on behalf of Deshapremi Sanhgatanegala Okkuta for justice for Vinayak Baliga
- Naresh Shenoy in Custody – Police Seek Narco-analysis
- An open letter to the Director General CSIR
- Baliga Murder – Family Congratulates City Police Chief
- Baliga Murder Case – Naresh Shenoy Produced in Court
- Baliga Murder Case Prime accused Naresh Shenoy arrested
- Naresh Shenoy will be Arrested Soon – Sources
- Baliga Murder – Naresh, 6 Others Chargesheeted
- Another Accused Srikanth Arrested in Baliga Murder case
- Manjunath Arrested in Baliga Murder case
- Baliga Murder – Naresh Shenoy’s Close Associate in Police Custody
- Police Raid House of Vedavyas in Mannagudda in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder, DSO Holds Padayatra to Arrest Naresh Shenoy
- Anticipatory Bail for Naresh Shenoy in Baliga Murder Case Rejected
- Baliga Murder – Police to File Objection to Naresh Shenoy’s Bail
- ‘Politicians are Dumb and Mangalureans are Deaf’ – Dr Narendra Nayak
- Baliga Murder Case – Accused Shiva Arrested?
- BJP Leaders Involved in the Murder of Vinayak Baliga – Mithun Rai Baliga Murder Accused Sent to Three-day Police Custody
- ‘Lookout Notice Issued against Yuva Brigade’s Naresh Shenoy’ – Police
- ‘BJP Directly Involved in Murder of Vinayak Baliga’ – Ramanath Rai
- Has Murder Suspect Fled to Dubai? Baliga Family Expresses Fears
- CPI(M) Demands Thorough Probe into Vinayak Baliga Murder Case
- Vinayak Baliga’s Work Gains Momentum at National Level
- Nikhil Shenoy in City on Fact-finding Mission in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder – Police Raid House of Naresh Shenoy of Yuva Brigade
- Police Look out for Shiva and Shrikant Wanted in Baliga Murder Case
- Activists Demand Special Investigation Team in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder – Fingers Pointed at Yuva Brigade Leader
- An Open Letter to Fellow-Mangalureans on Vinayak Baliga’s Murder
- Vinayak Baliga Murder – Two Suspects Arrested
- Murder of Vinayak Baliga, RTI Activist who Fought for Justice
- RTI Activist Vinayak Baliga Hacked to Death at Kodialbail