Woman’s Chain Snatched while on Way to Infant Jesus Shrine
Mangaluru: Two instances of chain-snatching had been reported from Maroli and around during the past fortnight.
As if to prove that this activity is gaining ground in the locality, a woman lost a chain to a snatcher in Bikarnakatte on Friday around 6-15 pm.
Jancy Praneeta (26), a resident of Naya Bazar in Uppala in Kasaragod, had come to the city. As she was walking uphill towards the Infant Jesus Shrine at Bikarnakatte, a young man riding a black-coloured scooter arrived from the opposite direction.
He stopped the scooter and suddenly snatched a gold chain weighing 8 gms from her neck and immediately sped away.
A case has been registered at the Kadri police station.
Happening over and over:
- Woman Loses Rs 3.42 Lakh-worth Gold to Snatcher at Dongerkeri
- Women Lose Chains to Snatchers in Mangaluru and Udupi
- Pedestrian Woman’s Chain Snatched by Bike-rider in Badagabettu
- Woman’s Chain Snatched in Bikarnakatte – Caution Thrown to Wind
- Woman’s Chain Snatched in Husband’s Presence in Bokkapatna
- Mangaluru: Never-ending ‘Chain’ of Instances – Yet Another Woman Loses Gold to Snatchers
- Mangaluru: Attempt to Snatch Woman’s Mangalsutra near Marjil School in Falnir Fails
- Mangaluru: Another Chain-snatching Incident in City, This Time at Kadri Kambla
- Mangaluru: More Snatching Incidents – Must Women Wear Gold Jewellery when Not Needed?
- Mangaluru: Senior Woman’s Gold Chain Snatched by Stranger near Kadri Toll Gate
- Kundapur: Attempt to Snatch Gold Chain Fails with Targeted Woman’s Scream
- Mangaluru: Gold Chain Worth Rs 45,000 from Child Snatched during Kudroli Temple Festival
- Puttur: School-teacher Pushed into Ditch, Gold Chain Snatched at Kanchana Bajattur
- Mangaluru: Chain-snatching Spree Continues – When Will We Learn a Lesson?
- Mangaluru: Woman’s Chain Snatched While Walking on Ullal Railway Platform
- Mangaluru: Chain Snatched from Woman Waiting for Bus in the Heart of City
- Mangaluru: Chain-snatching Incident Reported from Suburban Thokur
- Mangaluru: Same Old Story! Woman’s Rs 42,000-worth Gold Chain Snatched by Bike-riders
- Kundapur: Daylight Chain-snatching in Tallur and Bhatkal – Handiwork of Same Bikers?
- Mangaluru: Woman Loses 6-and-a-half Sovereign Chain to Snatcher on Vithoba Road
- Mangaluru: Asking for Drinking Water, Stranger Snatches Senior Woman’s Gold Chain
- Mangaluru: Pandeshwar Police Arrest Chain Snatcher Edwin Dinesh
- Bantwal: Bike-riders Snatch Chain from Woman, Only to Find it to be an Imitation Piece!
- Mangaluru: Shiva Bagh a Favourite Target for Chain-snatchers? Another Incident Proves So…
- Mangaluru: Chain of Gold-snatching Cases Continues – Another Instance in Shiva Bagh
- Mangaluru: Two More Chain-snatching Cases – When will Women Learn a Valuable Lesson?
- Mangaluru: Chain-snatching Incidents Continue in City – Woman Loses Gold Worth Rs 4.80 Lakh
- Mangaluru: Two Incidents in City Confirm an Alarming Rise in Chain-snatching Activity
- Mangaluru: Bikers Wanted to Know the Way, but Snatched Woman’s Chain away!
- Moodbidri: Gold Worth Rs 1.50 Lakh Snatched from Woman on Way to Gantalkatte Church
- Mangaluru: Now it’s a Male’s Turn to be Target of Chain-snatching!
- Mangaluru: Woman’s Chain Snatched while Sweeping Yard in Souterpet
- Puttur: Two Incidents of Chain-snatching in a Day – Same Culprits Likely
- Kinnigoli: Woman Loses 32 Gms Piece of Chain to Snatchers near Pakshikere
- Mangalore: Homemaker’s Gold Chain Snatched on Pretext of Asking for Water
- Mangalore: Teacher Waiting for Bus at Bhatrakodi Loses Chain Worth Rs 1.50 Lakh to Snatchers
- Mangalore: Senior Woman’s Gold Chain Snatched from River Bank in Adyar
- Karkala: Woman Loses Chain Worth Rs 1 Lakh to Snatcher in Anekere
- Manipal: Chain Snatched from Woman at Anant Nagar while on Morning Walk
- Bantwal: Woman on Way to Loreto Church Loses 7 Sovereign Gold to Bike-riding Snatchers
- Sullia: Chain Snatched from Lonely Woman by Young Man Riding Bike at Adkar
- Mangalore: Chain-snatchers Continue to Rule – Pedestrian Woman of 84 Loses Gold
- Mangalore: Teacher Waiting for Bus in Pandeshwar Loses Chain to Snatchers
- Mangalore: Chain of Gold-snatching Incidents Appears Never-ending!
- Mangalore: Chain-snatchers Strike again – Woman Loses Gold at Mathadakani
- Mangalore: Woman’s Gold Chain Snatched by Bikers in Vas Lane
- Moodbidri: Another Incident of Chain-snatching in Broad Daylight
- Udupi: Woman from Pernal Loses Rs 1.5 Lakh Gold Chains to Snatchers
- Kundapur: Bike-riding Duo Snatches Gold Chain from Woman
- Mangalore: Woman’s Chain Snatched while Walking in Suvarna Lane
- Mangalore: Chain-snatching Incident in Valencia – Value Rs 1.30 Lakh
- Mangalore: More Chain-snatching Incidents in City
- Mangalore: ‘Chain’ of Gold-snatching Cases at Secluded Places Continues
- Udupi: Gold Chains Worth Rs 1.4 Lakh Snatched from Woman
- Udupi: Chain-snatcher with Past Record Nabbed by Hebri Police
- Udupi: Man Involved in Kadabettu Chain-snatching Arrested at Shirva
- Udupi: Cash and Ornaments Snatched from Woman’s Vanity Bag
- Udupi: Chain-snatcher Caught by Public at Volakkad
- Mangalore: Chain-snatcher Caught on Spot by Public
- Mangalore: Chain-snatcher Duo Arrested during Vehicle Check