BJP Playing with Pavana’s Sentiments in Ganapathi Case – Gundu Rao
Mangaluru: The State Working Congress President Dinesh Gundu Rao held a press meet at the Circuit House here, on July 16.
Addressing the media persons, Dinesh Gundu Rao said that the BJP is playing politics with the DySP Ganapathi suicide case and is not allowing the session to function smoothly.
Rao said, “Every year we decide to run the session for 60 days. We had a session of 58 days last year. This year we thought to discuss the development issues during the session. These demands have been pending since the last 15 years and no discussions were held. After the Congress came to power, we have started to discuss all these issues, be it the Kalasa Banduri project, problems of Dakshina Kannada district or the problems of any other districts. But the BJP says that they are right in everything they do and will not allow the session to go on.”
He further said, “Yes, there is a suicide case. We have discussed the issue during the session. The chief minister has also given his statement and the inquiry is going on. When the BJP is in power, let them rule the state; they cannot blackmail the government in power now. Eshwarappa says that the state government is trying to control the opposition.”
“In reality, it is the opposite. They are trying to have control the session. Using Ganapathi’s suicide, they are not allowing the session to go on. BJP is playing politics with the sentiments of Ganapathi’s wife, Pavana. Pavana, the BJP is playing with your sentiments!” he said.
“During the DK Ravi case, the BJP had protested and demanded that the case should be handed over to the CBI. The case was handed over to the CBI but what happened? After one-and-half year what happened to the case? They brought DK Ravi’s parents and protested in front of the Vidhana Soudha. Where are they now? Did they go to DK Ravi’s house and ask about the parent’s well-being? Did they ask the prime minister to give the CBI report?”
Addressing Ganapathi’s wife through the media, Rao said, “Pavana, the BJP is using your sentiments and they are using your husband’s suicide for political mileage. After some time, the same BJP will not ask if you need any help! Do not trust the BJP. Your husband died, no one can fill his place, but we do have a special concern about you.”
Rao further said that there would be a judicial inquiry. “If we get any evidence about harassment by K J George, the state government will surely take action. We have trust in K J George that he did not interfere and we have proof with us. But we do not have any evidence to suggest that K J George has harassed Ganapathi. If anyone provides us with the evidence, we will surely take action. We believe that the CM will do justice with DySP Ganapathi’s family.”
Critising the BJP, Rao said, “They fight in the name of religion and try to create communal fights. Everyone has the right to protest but they cannot use blackmailing tactics. The media should not simply blame the state government for every reason.”
When asked why Pavana should listen to the state government when the home minister insulted her, Gundu Rao replied that the statement about marital discord was not given by the government. “It is the statement of Ganapathi’s father which was given to the media. Taking that logic, we can also say that the media insulted her too. We have handed over all the statements to the CID. The investigation is going on and soon the report will come out,” he added.
“During the church attack in 2008, K J George was not the home minister. When there was a theft of Rs 1.53 crore, Ganapathi declared the amount as Rs 27,000. He was suspended but his suspension was revoked within 21 days. Later, he got a transfer to Bengaluru city to a special branch. After two years, he was promoted and transferred to Mangaluru. George actually helped Ganapathi and we have the evidence. But we do not have any evidence that George harassed him. The CID will take question George and the two officers in this case.”
When asked about the statement of Poojary that a FIR should be filed based on the Dying Declaration, Gundu Rao replied, “It is not a dying declaration. Ask an advocate the meaning of a dying declaration. Even the media has been writing that Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi gave statements but that is false. The media writes whatever they want to, but the party itself is unaware of such statements. The media should understand the facts before writing. In D K Ravi’s case too, the media harassed the government. But what happened about that case? Now, there are no results. I can only speak with complete facts. We are with the CM on this issue. We trust K J George and that he is not involved in this case. We have confidence in our CM and K J George.”
Ministers U T Khader, Ramanath Rai, Chief Whip Ivan D’Souza, MLA J R Lobo, MLA Moideen Bava, Mayor Harinath and others were also present.
- DySP Ganapathy Suicide – Kodagu Crippled over Two Days
- Court Reserves Ruling over Narco Test on Naresh
- Naresh Shenoy’s Custody Extended up to July 28
- Naresh Shenoy to be in Police Custody for 2 More Days
- Baliga Murder Accused Suffering from Kidney Ailment?
- Naresh Shenoy in Custody – Police Seek Narco-analysis
- An open letter to the Director General CSIR
- Baliga Murder – Family Congratulates City Police Chief
- Baliga Murder Case – Naresh Shenoy Produced in Court
- Baliga Murder Case Prime accused Naresh Shenoy arrested
- Naresh Shenoy will be Arrested Soon – Sources
- Baliga Murder – Naresh, 6 Others Chargesheeted
- Another Accused Srikanth Arrested in Baliga Murder case
- Manjunath Arrested in Baliga Murder case
- Baliga Murder – Naresh Shenoy’s Close Associate in Police Custody
- Police Raid House of Vedavyas in Mannagudda in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder, DSO Holds Padayatra to Arrest Naresh Shenoy
- Anticipatory Bail for Naresh Shenoy in Baliga Murder Case Rejected
- Baliga Murder – Police to File Objection to Naresh Shenoy’s Bail
- ‘Politicians are Dumb and Mangalureans are Deaf’ – Dr Narendra Nayak
- Baliga Murder Case – Accused Shiva Arrested?
- BJP Leaders Involved in the Murder of Vinayak Baliga – Mithun Rai Baliga Murder Accused Sent to Three-day Police Custody
- ‘Lookout Notice Issued against Yuva Brigade’s Naresh Shenoy’ – Police
- ‘BJP Directly Involved in Murder of Vinayak Baliga’ – Ramanath Rai
- Has Murder Suspect Fled to Dubai? Baliga Family Expresses Fears
- CPI(M) Demands Thorough Probe into Vinayak Baliga Murder Case
- Vinayak Baliga’s Work Gains Momentum at National Level
- Nikhil Shenoy in City on Fact-finding Mission in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder – Police Raid House of Naresh Shenoy of Yuva Brigade
- Police Look out for Shiva and Shrikant Wanted in Baliga Murder Case
- Activists Demand Special Investigation Team in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder – Fingers Pointed at Yuva Brigade Leader
- An Open Letter to Fellow-Mangalureans on Vinayak Baliga’s Murder
- Vinayak Baliga Murder – Two Suspects Arrested
- Murder of Vinayak Baliga, RTI Activist who Fought for Justice
- RTI Activist Vinayak Baliga Hacked to Death at Kodialbail